Non-holiday lets in Brazil - furnished or unfurnished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ExpatNick

Hello again everyone.

So assuming I opt for a city apartment, is the expectation of the typical Brazilian that he will rent a furnished or unfurnished property?

Any advice or thoughts most welcome. Thanks in advance.

D

Dotty

Banned
The hilarious thing about Brasil is that when they rent an apt it is very,very,rarely furninshed.Why ?They cannot bear to part with their belongings so they take everything with them including the kitchen.They really prefer unfurnished.You will have no problem renting out an unfurnished property on a longterm basis in Brasil as for :) a holiday let then that's something else.
Hello again everyone.

So assuming I opt for a city apartment, is the expectation of the typical Brazilian that he will rent a furnished or unfurnished property?

Any advice or thoughts most welcome. Thanks in advance.

E

ExpatNick

Dotty,

Many thanks for the info. Would I be right in thinking then that there's very little difference in monthly rental cost between furnished and unfurnished?

Thanks again.

D

Dotty

Banned
Expat,

That is correct . The tenant is also the responsible to pay the council tax(IPTU) and condominium charges(wear and tear of building,lift repairs,porters salaries,communial electrical bills , cleaning materials etc,etc.

Hope this is of help.
Dotty,

Many thanks for the info. Would I be right in thinking then that there's very little difference in monthly rental cost between furnished and unfurnished?

Thanks again.

F

Fyndinout

My experience is different. There is a difference between the rental for furnished and unfurnished. I am not just talking about what you find in the local papers either.
You can rent a furnished flat for more.

J

JMBroad

I've been around Natal looking at rental apartments for myself quite a bit over the past six months. I've been looking for a furnished apartment for a long term rent for myself.

I found that while a furnished apartment would rent for about R$ 300 to R$ 400 more than an unfurnished apartment. Considering that we are talking about R$ 1.200 to R$ 1.500 unfurnished there is a difference in rental price.

The main thing I found however was exactly what Dotty mentioned - it is incredibly hard to find a furnished apartment for rent - almost all of the ones I was offered or that I found in the newspaper were unfurnished. The ones that are furnished tend to be in aparthotels. In the end I ended up renting from one of our investors which was already furnished.

I was never told I'd have to pay the IPTU but I was told I'd have to pay the condominium charges on each property I saw. On the plus side you can demand to see the books and see what you are paying for with regards to the condominium.

Status
Not open for further replies.