No more problems with our property in Turkey

J

janeandstephen

Hi all,

I’d just like to encourage anyone having problems with their property in Turkey to read this.

We bought an apartment off-plan in Bodrum in 2008 and some months ago the developer told us that our apartment was going to be delayed by another year.

As you can imagine we were a bit annoyed and after talking to our family we decided to pull out.

Someone recommended us these lawyers and we called them immediately. We dealt with Gizem and now we got our money back! As you can imagine, we are really happy and now thinking about where to go on holidays! (Mexico for me!)

It is worth looking at it. I don’t want to publish her e-mail here. Anyway if you need it, send me an e-mail and I will forward it to you.

Good luck and all the best!!!

Jane and Stephen

Rivermead

Rivermead

Great to see that any troubles you have had in buying a property have been sorted out, hope you enjoy/ed mexico too :)

J

jamesjw

hi could you send me lawyers e mail address as a friend has same problem

A

angel13

was it very expensive ,i am having problems also ,could you let me have the email ad thanks

M

muzwalks

Istanbul property

Hi I'm planning to buy in Istanbul and could do with all the legal help I can get. Please give me her email address.

D

Dave_Velasco

Thanks. For most of the people planning to buy property in Turkey, this is a good heads up for them.

ozsubasi

ozsubasi

In many cases it is better to get legal advice from a lawyer local to area you are thinking of buying in, as they have local contacts in authority that are often vital in getting things sorted out. No disrespect to this forum but there are others that are more active and have sections for different locations within Turkey where you may get recommendations.
Also, for UK citizens the British Embassy in Ankara has lists of lawyers for different areas:
The British Embassy in Turkey Other locations
Citizens from other countries could contact their own embassies in Turkey for advice.