Nigeria - are there real investors there

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mayotom

I have been researching many areas to find what parts of the world are still in a good financial position, where there are still a lot of untapped investors.

I have been hearing that places like Nigeria and other western African countries would be a good place to start.

Does anybody have any opinions on this

Thanks

mayotom

N

nubianqueen

yes and aiywa!!! dont go ahead unless you know nigerians or expats in nigeria who might be able to guide you thats all i can say from someone who has nigeria in her blood! and loves it.

nubianqueen

M

mayotom

yes and aiywa!!! dont go ahead unless you know nigerians or expats in nigeria who might be able to guide you thats all i can say from someone who has nigeria in her blood! and loves it.

nubianqueen
Thanks nubianqueen

that was the plan, to use partners in the area, however I'm just trying to figure out if its worth the effort concentrating on this region or should I look elsewhere

If looking at Nigeria, should I just look at Lagos or is there other hotspots

N

nubianqueen

hi mayotom

nigerian is a big and wonderful country, could be lots of possibilities
there but you really need to have a guide to explore the various regions, in lagos there are lots of developments it seems but i guess always lots of possibilities, have you been, i think you need to do that, but dont make or give any monetary promises. i dont know where your from are you english, live in england, let me know, i could pass on your details to a family member who may be able to at least have a dialogue with you.

nubianqueen

L

Lysos

Nigerians have a reputation as the most corrupt people in the world. As an outsider you would be completely ripped off. I lived there for three years. Ordinary citizens very nice, but politicians, police, business people not to be trusted.

M

mayotom

Nigerians have a reputation as the most corrupt people in the world. As an outsider you would be completely ripped off. I lived there for three years. Ordinary citizens very nice, but politicians, police, business people not to be trusted.
Thats exactly my worry, but if there is money there and they are willing to invest. I would be in a position to explore partnerships on my terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.