Nice- Is it a good time to invest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neustria

ady 1231. The plain and simple answer is NO, you cannot get 8% yeild. If you can get a 5% gross yeild you are doing well.
That is certainly true on the Cote d'Azur. An 8% yield anywhere in France would, I think, be a windfall, but there are regions of France where rental demand is strong - because rising prices these last years have made ownership impossible for many - but where house prices have fallen dramatically.
I think that doing a yield simulation study would be a good way to find a good yielding property. By that I mean, look at some suitable properties and then make a price offer in order to insure yourself a yield potential of 6.5%. With so many properties on the market it is very possible that you might just find a taker.
"Where? you are going to ask.
I was thinking of the Poitou-Charentes, but there might be better places to buy. You would just have to look. I have not looked into the subject myself, since I am not looking to buy at the present time.
Six months ago average yields were 3,8% in Aix-en-Provence. I think that you could do considerably better than that in more remote areas, but you will have to do some homework.
The beauty of this approach is that it insures that you will not have overpaid your property in a down market. And property prices will tend to drop more easily than rents in any given area.

Maybe some of you who know some of the regional French markets might be able to shed some light on this approach.

Last edited:
J

jilligan

well ya, i just got my mortgage LTV 85% approved. Still waiting for someone to help me about nice market. are 8% returns reasonable?

Cheers
Hi, I'm a uk expat moved to Paris 9 months ago and thinking of a mortgage here & have consulted my own bank .. creditdunord who seem expensive. would you have any recomendations for finance? Did you organise mortgage before finding property? Also I have a buy to let mortgage in uk .. do I have to declare this .. can I avoid declaring ..? Otherwise may be tricky to get enough to buy something decent here. Thanks and best of luck with you search, jonathan

C

CaroleBay

Hi Jonathan

Sorry, you must have pressed the submit button twice and duplicated your posting.

In answer to your question .... please see your other posting 'French Finance' to which I have replied in depth.

Kind Regards
Carole Bayliss
mortgagefrance.com

Status
Not open for further replies.