Nicaragua Properties

V

vinnie77

I've been an investor in Nicaragua for the last few years now, having discovered some great deals on coastal property near the Pacific. I hadn't seen any information or any such category on Nicaragua, so I thought maybe I'd initiate some communication about Nicaragua and share my experience for anyone that's interested. As an investor myself, I've also befriended some other key international investors and local businesses there to offer information and services for others that have an interest in learning more.

For now, I'd like to hear from others that have experience with Nicaragua, or have an interest, or maybe an aversion toward traveling or investing in Nicaragua.

Feel free to respond whenever possible.

Thanks,

Vinnie.

I

imported_neilo

nicaragua

Hi vinnie,i have put a deposit down on a 2 bedroom apartment on a development just 1 hour outside managua called seaside marianna,we went over to nicaragua last summer to have a look and fell in love with the place,any feed back you can give me would be appreciated.

Regards
Neil

S

Spock

Leaning towards Ometepe

I'm currently researching Nicaragua and Ecuador coast for investment potential. For the sake of this forum I'll focus on Nica, unless you have enough knowledge to compare the two.

In Nica I'm leaning towards Isla de Ometepe. I recently posed the following to a fellow operating as a realtor in the area. So far I have not received a reply. Anyone else have comments or answers to the following?:

"I feel it is more important to understand selling prices than asking prices, to best understand current market, but it's hard to find that info. Naturally, the better the handle I have on the market, the sooner I am likely to buy the property that is just right for my needs.

I intend on making an income there (Ometepe) through renting out nightly/weekly/monthly accomodations in hotel, cabins, tenting, etc. Ideally the property would have lots of building already on it to allow for near immediate income with relatively minor renovations and enough forested land that everyone had a little privacy or a sense of seclusion. I want my guests feel comfortable and relaxed and not shoe horned in. I prefer to tuck in amongst the trees rather that mowing them down. Preferably lake front and close enough to the main ferry to easily get visitors attention. That sounds like fairly specific needs, but I am happy to spend many hours looking at any and all property info (with as many details as possible) you can throw my way. I'm not afraid of fixer uppers with lots of out buildings and that sort of thing. Obviously, the more knowledge I have of what I am looking at in the area, the smarter my final decisions should be.

What services, provisions, developments do you feel are missing from Ometepe that may be in demand now or in the near future?

In your opinion, where does Ometepe lie in rank when compared to the rest of the country now and in the near future, as far as:
1 - tourism
2 - infrastructure
3 - demand/growth
4 - land values vs. pricing
5 - foreign ownership

Do you know of websites that effectively compare these subjects?

What kind of plans are there for the island that I may not know about? Nobody and nothing is perfect, so along with any good news, don't forget to include the bad. I'll expect it.

Ometepe feels like a very special place. It is beautiful and has a very comfortable pace of life.

I've posed lots of questions to you today, I hope you are happy to answer them for me, or point me toward the best people or places to answer them."

Thank you in advance for any info whatsoever.

S

Spock

The Samoza clause

Can anyone tell me about the Samoza clause, in relation to Nicaraguan real estate? I suspect it is very different from the Santa clause, heh heh.

I'm interested in some property that is subject to this, but need to learn more. Perhaps you know a link I could go to.

Thanks