ad

New to property investing

S

Summers.93

Hi all,

I have been getting my head in the books to prepare myself as much as I can to get started on my property journey, however, I feel like I should be doing more to learn about it and reading books just isn’t enough. Is there anything else I could be doing at this stage as I am literally a clean slate? As of now, I am not ready financially to buy property, however I just want to use this time to learn as much as I can about it as it is my plan to eventually leave my job and go into property investing full time.

I want to get a BTL mortgage on an apartment to start with as it will be easier for me to manage, boost my cash flow and my experience in the property managing aspect of it. I am drawn more towards cash flow as I am in this for the long term, thus any recommendations or beginners tips would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Dean

Sent from my iPhone using Property Forum

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I have been getting my head in the books to prepare myself as much as I can to get started on my property journey, however, I feel like I should be doing more to learn about it and reading books just isn’t enough. Is there anything else I could be doing at this stage as I am literally a clean slate? As of now, I am not ready financially to buy property, however I just want to use this time to learn as much as I can about it as it is my plan to eventually leave my job and go into property investing full time.

I want to get a BTL mortgage on an apartment to start with as it will be easier for me to manage, boost my cash flow and my experience in the property managing aspect of it. I am drawn more towards cash flow as I am in this for the long term, thus any recommendations or beginners tips would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Dean

Sent from my iPhone using Property Forum
Hi Dean,

Welcome to Property Forum! :) If you feel like you're getting as much as you can from books, I would recommend taking advantage of all the free educational webinars and videos that are around at the moment, as these are interactive so you can ask questions to the experts about your personal circumstances.

We have a number of podcasts on Property Forum's YouTube channel that you would find helpful (covering property development, auction property, property finances, etc),you can view those videos here.

But I'd also highly recommend an event this Thursday (30th April) which is being run by 5 of the biggest names in the property industry! It's a free, 3-hour educational webinar by Property Summits. You can register here and submit any questions you would like (to be answered by the experts live on the show). Property Forum's own CEO Nicholas Wallwork is one of the experts on the show.

If you'd like any more specific help after watching those, please do come back to me and I'll try and point you in the right direction of more educational material (or perhaps even a mentorship) that would help.

Best wishes,

Kelly