New Salsa Bar in Natal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brasil23

A Question to all those living in Natal.. Last time I was there they had just closed down the salsa bar. I have heard from someone since that a new salsa bar has been opened, can anyone confirm this and is it a good bar??

thanks

J

JMBroad

A Question to all those living in Natal.. Last time I was there they had just closed down the salsa bar. I have heard from someone since that a new salsa bar has been opened, can anyone confirm this and is it a good bar??

thanks
If they have I've missed it unfortunately - that was my favourite bar on Salsa street. Since they closed Salsa Bar, they opened lots of other ones but none quite the same.

Allegedly they closed down Salsa Bar because it was an outdoor venue and made too much noise - now directly across the parking lot which used to be Salsa Bar they have a massive outdoor area which feeds on to about 10 bars - the entrance is through a place called Fuso Horário (Time Zone) and feeds into all the bars nearby, including Azucar.

However, if anyone knows of a re-opened Salsa Bar I'd love to hear about it.

jeduardo

jeduardo

Not sure if this is what you are looking for:

Salsa Bar is at Budda Pub every Wednesday.
Av. Eng Roberto Freire 9102, Ponta Negra. Natal - RN
(84) 3219-4964 ou (84) 9171-8272

Last edited:
J

JMBroad

Not sure if this is what you are looking for:

Salsa Bar is at Budda Pub every Wednesday.
Av. Eng Roberto Freire 9102, Ponta Negra. Natal - RN
(84) 3219-4964 ou (84) 9171-8272

Might pop along one of these days but doubt it'll be the same - what I liked about Salsa Bar (apart from the atmosphere which was so different to the other bars on that road) was the environment - indoor/outdoor feeling - trees, etc.

J

jamphi24

Hi,
I can confirm there is a new bar there, not sure of name or anything else. My girlfriend is on holiday in Brazil with her family and went there with friends on friday she said its good - she said there where no hookers or gringos there which seems strange for that road ! :)

J

JMBroad

The former salsa bar was knocked down - I'm pretty sure there is a parking lot there now. But quite a few new places have opened on that road. Azucar has re-invented itself with a number of different activities and parties throughout the week which seem to be a hit.

At the far end of the road is Aprecie pub - a jazz-blues bar run by Norwegians which is also pretty nice. Sargeant Pepper is still a favourite although I haven't been into the one in PN - I normally go to the one down in Petrópolis.

J

jamphi24

I like seargant peppers, but the one in petropolis is better than the one in PN. I'll find out what the new place is called on Rua de Salsa, my girlfriend said it was very good. I just wish they had a few more places like Chaplin dotted about the place, I though Chaplin was very cool.

J

JMBroad

I like seargant peppers, but the one in petropolis is better than the one in PN. I'll find out what the new place is called on Rua de Salsa, my girlfriend said it was very good. I just wish they had a few more places like Chaplin dotted about the place, I though Chaplin was very cool.
Not been there yet although the hot-dogs at the stall next to it are legendary

G

Grup Immobiliari

I was yesterday in the "Rua da Salsa" Ponta Negra and I was speaking with Genius, the manager of "Coco Loco". He say to me that he start to do like "Salsa Bar" before. The DJ put salsa music, he contract dancers to invite the clients and teach how to dance salsa (like salsa bar did before with Erika and friends...),he sell tropical drinks and is trying to create a tipicaly tropical ambience. It's fine... just there is not a lot of people. Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.