New projects in Asilah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_jacob

Does anyone know what kind of projects / developments are happening in and around asilah? My dad visited the area recently on holiday and liked it very much. So he's asked me to do some research on investment properties for rental out in Asilah.

Any tips?

Jacob

B

b055man

At the moment there are 3 larges scale projects within the Asilah area. These projects are already listed on this forum under the Tangiers section and are: Tinja (Emaar),Paradise Beach & Golf (Atlantic Beach Resort SARL) and Tanjah (Dreamworld). All 3 projects are next to each other and around 15 min drive from both Tangiers and Asilah.

There are also 2 other large scale developments launched recently which are directly in Asilah. They are called Palm Beach Resort which is a 3 minute walk south of the ancient town of Asilah and another called Royal Asilah Golf resort – This is a fairly new development and location is frontline beach.

However, if you are looking to buy on either of these 2 resorts make sure you do your home work as I have found conflicting information about weather planning permissions have been given & various issues with financing. So, be warned!!

B

b055man

I've just come across a new development called Sunset Resort. This development of two bedroom apartments and is situated in Asilah and features direct access to the wide sandy unspoilt beach and features ample areas of parkland and green space. The 400 apartments and penthouses were released for sale a few days with prices from only £52,000 - good value by anyone’s estimation in today’s market.

I

imported_invester

I have too agree asilah is a great area to invest in, I also have herd about a resort called sunset resort got this email posted below from the agent.

It looks like a good one with construction already started I am thinking of buying 2 properties one to keep and the other to flip anyone else buying here?

This development occupies prime location, ocean front land and will have 400 apartments and penthouses located in a beautiful setting of green park areas complete with palm trees and flower beds.

The Sunset Resort is located north of the pretty fishing village of Asilah and just 20 minutes from Tangiers International Airport.

Construction of this development has already started.

Properties available are:-

1 bedroom penthouses from £63,941

2 bedroom apartments from £52,088

3 bedroom duplexes from £140,361

* Ocean front homes close to Asilah

* 50% mortgage available

* 1,2 and 3 bedroom properties

* Direct access to beach

* 30 minutes from Tangiers

* Prime location

This area of coastline is undergoing great regeneration with many quality developments being built.

This development has only just been released for sale and is sure to generate a great deal of interest.

T

tony_prior

I also got an email with details about Sunset Resort and I am strongly thinking about reserving a 2 bed apartment. I've booked a viewing trip with property borders to go and see site next tuesday i will be flying into malaga and getting the boat across.

Is there anyone else goin out to view around this time if there is we could meet up for a drink and discuss the pros and cons.

I

imported_esmerelda

We have a house in Asiah medina - we bought that rather than invest on an off plan simply because of the sheer number of units that are being planned and the apparent similarity of the offerings, made us cautious of potential rental & resale. There are 1000s of units being planned for around Asilah, but vey few actually in Asilah itself. We did a deal of research on the area before committing & there have been issues with delays in building permissions being granted, changes to build etc. Re the unit costs....an apartment around the 50k mark will usually be built by a moroccan developer and will probably not be viable for year round occupation due to type of construction and heating. It can get cold & wet intermittently from Nov through to Feb. If anyone tells you you can use a dual aircon/heater & it will be ok - trust me it isn't enough at nightime - even when it's a lovely sunny springlike day in December. there is a breeze off the Atlantic that makes things a little cooler in summer & early morning mists that burn away by mid morning are common. For us this suits a lot better than the very hot temperatures in the eastern med.
We have seen in the last year a deal of internal investment in the area & Asilah itself is very busiy June through to mid Sept. Xmas & easter asilah itself also enjoys a spanish influx However the tourist base is currently primarily moroccan familes (large families) with spanish french & dutch. The brit presence is neglible (which we like but others may not). Locals speak French & Spanish in addition to Arabic, not much English.
I hope this information helps you.

R

richardnash

I also got an email with details about Sunset Resort and I am strongly thinking about reserving a 2 bed apartment. I've booked a viewing trip with property borders to go and see site next tuesday i will be flying into malaga and getting the boat across.

Is there anyone else goin out to view around this time if there is we could meet up for a drink and discuss the pros and cons.
I'd be interested to hear how you got on.

Project is of interest.

Where are you based?

Richard

M

moroccomania

Same here..... TP07 would be great to know how your trip went.....if you get a minute, please try and post back.

thanks!

G

golubchek

happening in asilah
or in the area around asilah
there are
paradise beach
a huge offplan
20.000plus units.
There is Costa Sol
almost sold out.
There is Tanjah beach,