New or Old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

b055man

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum but not new to Morocco, especially property - I have been buying and selling there for a few years. One question I keep getting asked by a lot of UK buyers is whether they should opt for a riad in the Medina which needs a complete facelift or something new and off plan?

Well, whilst many of you may have a romantic vision of renovating a riad, you need to bear in mind that both the purchase and renovation processes can involve complications. Although all transactions are now registered, older properties may not be fully registered so you may need to do extensive title research. Also, the amount of work required is likely to be huge, so you should look at your time commitments carefully.

Bearing this in mind, majority of buyers in Morocco today are choosing off plan property as the buying process is straightforward, with little or no issues over the title.

However, if you do finally opt for an older style property, make sure you do your research – The Medina in most of the cities can be a large and confusing place. Also, make sure you incorporate the restoration costs into your budget. As a rule of thumb, the costs will be around the same as the price of the property, although they can be cheaper depending on the materials you use.

M

moroccomania

That's not what Sarah Beeney would say now!! :biggrin:

If you just follow what she says and do exactly what she tells you to do leaving your gut feeling and sensibilities aside, you are definitely in the CHA CHING BABYY!! :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.