New laws regarding foreignerrs owning land in own name in Villages

P

patmore

I am hearing rumours that Foreigners can now own land in villages or outside villages in their own name and do not require a company. Does anyone know anythng about this - apparently called 2 B?

ozsubasi

ozsubasi

I don't know if you tried this already, but perhaps the British Consulate may be able to advise you on the latest situation. If you go to:
The British Embassy in Turkey Other locations
and select the location nearest to you, you can obtain the relevant contact details (addresses and phone numbers only are given, they don't provide an email address)

P

patmore

Consulate

I tried asking the consulate before but was told that they do not get involved in property laws. I asked a solicitor and he said that he did not know.

I have translated Turkish websites and they seem to be referring to 'Forests' when they mention 2B and something about state forest land and returning it to people who can prove ownership going back in time.......Wel thats what I an getting with google translator so a bit garbled.

Other people must also be trying to find out how this new law affects buying in villages.

ozsubasi

ozsubasi

I think I can understand the Consulate's position, Laws which affect foreigners have been passed before without the relevant embassies/consulates being given prior notice, and they are probably unwilling to speculate.
To be honest this is something that is beyond my scope of direct knowledge, but I did find something on another forum which may be of help to you.
I don't think this froum would appreciate my posting a link to another forum, so I will send it to you by PM.
I think that it is likely that there are few people actually in this situation, and that is going to make it hard to get information. But if the link is useful please let me know so I can refer others to it if I'm asked the question elsewhere.

R

RealEstateTurkey

Location restriction

I am hearing rumours that Foreigners can now own land in villages or outside villages in their own name and do not require a company. Does anyone know anythng about this - apparently called 2 B?
Location restriction and condition:
1) According to the Turkish Law, foreign nationals are not allowed to buy property in the military, strategic and security zones in Turkey.
2) According to the Land Registry Act (Numbered:2644); when foreign real persons buy a land (vacant property) without any construction, they have to require presenting their project proposal to the Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning within two years. If it is failed to begin the project within this two-year period, the real estate they have purchased will be expropriated.

But the Cabinet (Council of Ministers) is authorized to determine limit, partially or fully cease or prohibit immovable and limited right on property acquisitions of foreign national real persons and commercial companies, in terms of country, person, geographical region, duration, number, ratio, kind, qualification, square measure and amount.
The Cabinet hasn't published its decision about this issue. It is expected that the Cabinet decision will be published in near future. When the cabinet decision published, the restrictions and conditions related to acquisition real estate by foreign nationals and commercial companies will be cleared.

Last edited: