New investor!

P

pietronz

Hey all,

Just like to say very nice forums! My name is Pietro and I am a new property investor in brazil with my partner. Currently living in the uk, we invest in buying land, building and selling our property. We have a few weeks away from completing our first beach house in the Sao paolo state. If anyone has any advice for us or any questions, please fire away! Chat soon!

Pietro

P

pietronz

I do have a few questions though! If someone can help me out or direct me to the answers I'd be very grateful!

1) Where can I find the CGT calculator - the website on one of the first few threads dosen't work.

2) Once I sell my house, I'm going to reinvest 100% back into land and building - I am expecting the property to sell for no less than R$200,000, what taxes are involved if any? I read somewhere that CGT can be waived if re-investing, but I'm not sure upto what amount.

3) When I bought my land, I had a lot of office work to be done before my builders could even being building (about 6-7 months worth) - off the top of my head the land had to be transferred into my partners name, registered with the escritura - the planta had to be registered with the profeitura before the land could be built on - and there was possibly another step in between that had taken a substantial amount of time. Is there anyway I can fast-track these processes for future land purchases, or even buy the land with some of the office work already completed so I don't need to spend months dealing with the Brazilian bureaucratic government!

That's all for now! Happy investing!