Neutral colours for a property to rent out

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
What colours would you recommend for a property which will be rented out? I was thinking of creams and other fairly neutral colours although any advice from those renting out properties would be greatly appreciated.

A

AJane

I would go with neutrals - creams, whites etc - they keep the rooms bright and are inoffensive; not everyone likes the same decor style!

G

georgestanley032

I would suggest using neutral colors as well. Creams and other light colors such as light blue, green or yellow would be great. That way, any type of person won't find it clashing with his/her personality.

Viviene

Viviene

Choose sharp colors. If you do not feel like using soft light hues, then feel free to go for sharp colors instead. For this to work, your furniture pieces will have to have sharp and bright colors or prints as well that contrast well with your walls.

B

Barny

Choose sharp colors. If you do not feel like using soft light hues, then feel free to go for sharp colors instead. For this to work, your furniture pieces will have to have sharp and bright colors or prints as well that contrast well with your walls.
For those renting out a property unfurnished, bright / sharp colours may put the prospective renter off if they don't have furniture that would fit in with the decor. But, I would agree that if the property was to be furnished, this style would appeal to modern or young professional type of tenant.

Generally though, so mainly aimed at unfurnished properties, I think the standard creams and magnolias are too boring these days and for my BTL properties, I mainly target the 25-40 year old bracket and decorate as follows:

Kitchen / bathroom(s): Pale blue / Pale green / Pale grey
Lounge: White / Pale grey
Hallways / Stairways: White

On each occasion this style has always received very positive feedback with a bright clean white on entry and fresh modern appearance in the other rooms. Obviously the kitchen worktop and cupboards appearance and style will have a bearing on what colour fits but that is why I have a versatile range that fits with a variety of units.

Plus, with only using the 4 above colours throughout the whole property, these are regularly on some form of offer so easily sourced at reduced prices.

J

Jim S

Light colors will be ok. it will make the space bright and also delightful. So, my opinion is light shaded color.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

I agree, bright colours tend to make a property look vibrant. The only downside, if they are too light then they might start to show grease and grime fairly quickly? Darker colours seem to hide grease and grime while lighter colours struggle to do so.