Negotiating with developers in Portugal

S

silver surfer

The opportunities in real real estate today are huge . Developers are struggling to maintain cash flow to keep their businesses afloat whilst potential purchasers tip toe around the market not willing to commit until every single media source says that the reccession is over . This is the same media who told us all to BUY BUY BUY ............ or does nobody remember that ?

L

Leverage

Silver Surfer the opportunities now are really incredible... I am having around 90k equity on purchase prices around 220k... if you like to share something email me for [Snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kearnsie

I am very surprised to see your 90K equity on investments of 220K... that is a 40% return on your money in the current climate.. Do you achieve this immediately? Are you a cash buyer?

L

Lysos

kearnsie, do you honestly believe anyone is getting a real 40% return in today's climate ?.
What Leverage probably means is that you can get 40% off asking prices (cetainly true of resales in the Algarve). That does not translate into equity. Any property has only ever and will only ever be worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

K

kearnsie

kearnsie, do you honestly believe anyone is getting a real 40% return in today's climate ?.
What Leverage probably means is that you can get 40% off asking prices (cetainly true of resales in the Algarve). That does not translate into equity. Any property has only ever and will only ever be worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.
LSOS,

I agree fully with your above thread. I was just amazed at the bold fact of their statement.

I agree that property has been and only ever will be worth what someone is willing to pay for it.. Boom or Bust..

I was also curious to what response I would receive from from Mr / Mrs "90K Equity"

I was amazed, not good amazed, to read their post... Especially where the "Equity" came into it.. Equitable Prices from this year or prices 3 (+) years ago... Whats their reference on price?

Kearnsie