Need urgent advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shanoger

hi i have rented out two properties to realestate who then subleased it to other tenants (i gave permission). how the realestate which is the first tenant, the cheques the realestate gave bounced and he says i do not have the money to pay please wait. What are my legal rights in this case please help.

B

ByzantineHomes

Landlord Rights

According to UAE Landlord and Tennant Law, you may prematurely end the rental agreement.

You must give 3 Months notice, however. Here is the wording of the law:

"If either party wishes to prematurely terminate the contract, three month’s notice must be given. And in the case of a landlord, a “just cause” of eviction must be included in the notice before he can be legally allowed to evict a tenant, including:

The tenant fails to pay any rent for a period of 30 days after a notification from the landlord..."

You may still invoice your lessee for any and all rent in arrears. If he has no money to pay, you will have to pursue legal options.

B

ByzantineHomes

Registered Rental Agreement?

Additionally, you can escalate your issue to the Rent Committee or any government authority for dispute resolution if you have registered your rental agreement with RERA. If you did not register your agreement, then you do not have many other options.

S

shanoger

Thanks for the reply, but...

Thank you for your reply, I just wanted to ask you, does this apply if I have allowed subleasing to the realestate ( which is my tenant ) ? Thanks for the reply

B

ByzantineHomes

I believe your agreement applies to your tenant, and if he is not paying then you have the right to terminate his lease (if you give proper notice). This would then mean that he can no longer sub-let his space in your property since he no longer has a valid agreement with you.

You>Tenant (must abide by your terms)> Sub-lessee (must abide by Tenant terms)

B

ByzantineHomes

One more note: If your tenant pays you within 30 days of you giving him notice, then you cannot terminate his lease, and he can continue to sub-let the property according to your original agreement.

S

shanoger

thanks again

does this apply in the UAE? the thing is that i really want to be sure before i take any action. i really appreciate your fast reply.

B

ByzantineHomes

Yes, my advice is based upon my understanding of the regulations in the UAE. I recommend having a discussion with RERA if you have registered your rental agreement. They will advise you on how best to proceed.

S

shanoger

Thank you for all your help

Thank you for your time and advice, I shall contact rera just to be 101%
But I have not registered with them

J

James Greg

Banned
hi i have rented out two properties to realestate who then subleased it to other tenants (i gave permission). how the realestate which is the first tenant, the cheques the realestate gave bounced and he says i do not have the money to pay please wait. What are my legal rights in this case please help.
The most beneficial place to get instant and exact information is "businessideas.com" or "bayut.com". My personal experience is very good with these places so I would like to recommend you these. Last year I was also having the same places and after contacting with them, I was able to get better solution of my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.