ad

need help on renting a home in London UK

C

canuck66

I am moving to London UK from Canada at the end of the summer for a 2yr work contract. I will be working near Hyde Park and have a wife and 2 children. Looking for a 2 yr house/townhouse rental with 3 or 4 bedrooms in a nice neighbourhood not too far from downtown London. Any suggestions on location and what kind of price will I be looking at? Thx for any help.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
London has been one of the most buoyant areas of the UK property market - did you have a budget in mind?

Regards,

Mark

E

Ed_P

Im not sure how up to date that chart is, but prices can vary significantly in London with the overall rule being that it is more expensive than most other places.

That being said, there are cheaper neighbourhoods. THe most expensive will probably be where you would most like to live, the places in central London especially.

East used to be fairly cheap but has become increasingly popular and so prices have soared. It may now be better to search South of the river, there are good tube, bus and rail connections so you are no further out than above the river yet prices are slightly cheaper.

I hope this helps

Ed