Need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tangierhelp

need advice too

Interesting to read all your problems, wished i had read them earlier but was holding on thinking surely things would get better and now have a much better plot than i thought at reservation, but at the end of the day think it is too much of a risk to throw good money after bad. Like most of you I reserved in early 2007 and paid a so called refundable deposit.

My agent who has been very good throughout the whole process has also warned me there may be an issue getting my deposit back and suggests visiting their office personally and not leaving until i get my refund, have any of you tried this?

I am just writing my letter for refund now and as it doesn't look like i will get any money back wondered which solicitor you are using and whether it is worth a few of us getting together for 1 case rather than multiple.

any advice greatly received

M

manor park

tangierhelp

Is your reservation with Dreamworld ? If so was this direct or through an agent.

MP

T

tangierhelp

through an agent, but I paid the deposit directly to dreamworld

M

manor park

tangierhelp

Have you spoken to your agent about them trying to get your deposit back ? They should have better contacts there and it may be quicker. From other posts I have seen people have got the money back but it has taken a couple of months and a bit of pestering them..

Trying your agent first may save some hassle.

MP

N

nagalka

If you are attempting to get the deposit refunded by Dreamworld note that Companies House are putting them through a dissolution process - this is because the year end accounts have not been produced 2 years running.

If DW were to be dissolved what chance there is of getting refunds will be impossible as the company will basically not exist. Private prosecution may be possible (and may be the way we have to do it as a group).

However, it is possible to challenge the dissolution - which is then assessed, and a delay of 3 months is emplaced - this process can then be repeated after the 3 months.

The contact details are as follows:

[email protected] <[email protected]>

FAO Dissolution Department - do it straight away and maybe a backup by post to:

Main Office
Companies House
Crown Way
Maindy
Cardiff
CF14 3UZ

PM me if you wish to join a fighting group with your name and email address...thanks.

nagalka.

Status
Not open for further replies.