Nationwide prices still falling in the US as analysts predict further decline

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Residential property prices in the US fell 0.1% in August compared with the previous month and are 4% below levels of a year ago, according to the latest figures from the Federal Housing Finance Agency. The federal regulator and conservator of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac said its home price index is now [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Nationwide prices still falling in the US as analysts predict further decline

D

Dave_Velasco

I guess US is really striving and struggling on their housing market these years, and if ever they don't recover well, even worst may happen on the following years for them.

R

RyanTucker

The drop in prices is directly related to the increase in foreclosure properties. Which RealtyTrac is predicting will be even higher in 2012. This is great for overseas investors, because you can get house with a high rent rate for very low investment.

The US is also going to start a program allowing investors to purchase properties from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in bulk. There are close to 2 million homes nearing foreclosure in the US, and this new bulk purchasing program will be designed to help move those homes quickly.

Investors get ready!!

A

aptmav

The drop in prices is directly related to the increase in foreclosure properties. Which RealtyTrac is predicting will be even higher in 2012. This is great for overseas investors, because you can get house with a high rent rate for very low investment.

The US is also going to start a program allowing investors to purchase properties from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in bulk. There are close to 2 million homes nearing foreclosure in the US, and this new bulk purchasing program will be designed to help move those homes quickly.

Investors get ready!!
I agree with you on this one. Right now is definitely the time for cash flows. The flipping game is difficult because there is so much Shadow Inventory from the Banks. I have been purchasing defaulted notes and find that with so much on the banks books they are willing to make great deals as well.

L

LVVR

I see people saying things are starting to boom but I don't see it yet. Still waiting.