Natal Ocean Club Resort and Spa

D

DGM42

Has anyone heard of Natal Ocean Club Resort and Spa?
According to the promotion material costs from £139K and lots of other extras like 12 advance rental guarentee before completion which is Q4 2010
All sounds too good to be true.

J

JMBroad

I know the development, have been past it several times in the past couple of months and walked around the site with the owners about a month ago.

It is currently under construction, the location has a lot of promise and I was told that sales are going very well. I don't know how they can give a rental guarantee before delivery - they obviously can't be renting it out if it's not finished so I think the term "rental guarantee" must be a misnomer - if they really are offering that then it must be some form of a cash back discount paid to the investor over the last year of construction but I can't be sure as this is the first time I've heard of it.

I don't see what the benefit is as normally this type of offer only done when the investor is paying for the property with a mortgage althoguh I'm sure if they are doing that there must be a reason behind it.

As you know, I'm a developer in Natal so we are technically working on "competing developments" although in reality we are building totally different types with totally different market segments - they are targetting the higher end, holiday home clients whereas we promote pure investment product geared towards the medium and medium-low Brazilian market so I was just visiting out of professional courtesy which is why we never discussed the payment plans, rental guarantee's, cash-backs, etc.

Of the holiday home developments currently being built in the state of Rio Grande do Norte, this one is by no means the cheapest but in my professional opinion it is probably one of the nicest and the price is needed to differentiate from the rest of the developments claiming to be luxury.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
According to the promotion material costs from £139K and lots of other extras like 12 advance rental guarentee before completion which is Q4 2010
Hi DGM,

Where are you getting your promotional material from? We have been selling NOC for quite a while now and I have never heard of any rental guarantee, but nothing that some agents claim surprises me too much these days.

Construction is well on the way, I loaded up the latest photos I took there here: http://www.propertyforum.com/forum/south-america-property-sale-south-america/12539-natal-ocean-club.html and will take some more next month when I go to visit.

Regards,
Rob.

debzor

debzor

In my opinion, always be extremely wary of 'rental guarantees'.

Too often they are simply a cost that has been added into the initial purchase price, that is paid back to the buyer over the stated period. Thus it is simply a sales gimic, some might even call it a con, offered by agents to attract foreign investors.

It is also interesting to note that Robh covers the same development, but without the 'rental guarantee'. I know who I would buy through.

D

DGM42

Hi DGM,

Where are you getting your promotional material from? We have been selling NOC for quite a while now and I have never heard of any rental guarantee, but nothing that some agents claim surprises me too much these days.

Construction is well on the way, I loaded up the latest photos I took there here: http://www.propertyforum.com/forum/south-america-property-sale-south-america/12539-natal-ocean-club.html and will take some more next month when I go to visit.

Regards,
Rob.
Rob
Here is the link from the sales agent
http://www.experience-investments.co...cean-Club.html

Experience Investments are UK based and email me weekly with various offer from around the world all with fantastic so called returns, which I am very suspicious of.

Seems strange they offer a rental guarentee and you don't. No doubt your prices are cheaper. I agree with Debzor comments.
In my experience things that seem too good to be true often are, no such thing as a free lunch.
FrEE the only word in the english language where the second letter is silent. :)

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
In my opinion, always be extremely wary of 'rental guarantees'.

Too often they are simply a cost that has been added into the initial purchase price, that is paid back to the buyer over the stated period. Thus it is simply a sales gimic, some might even call it a con, offered by agents to attract foreign investors.

It is also interesting to note that Robh covers the same development, but without the 'rental guarantee'. I know who I would buy through.
Debzor,

First of all thanks for the thumbs up.

I agree in most cases that rental guarantees are to be looked at very carefully, the only development that we deal with currently that has a rental guarantee is this one: Natal ? Capim Macio Residencial and only because the developer knows he will make more rent than the 6% guarantee offered.

Regards,
Rob.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rob
Here is the link from the sales agent
http://www.experience-investments.co...cean-Club.html

Experience Investments are UK based and email me weekly with various offer from around the world all with fantastic so called returns, which I am very suspicious of.

Seems strange they offer a rental guarentee and you don't. No doubt your prices are cheaper. I agree with Debzor comments.
In my experience things that seem too good to be true often are, no such thing as a free lunch.
FrEE the only word in the english language where the second letter is silent. :)
Our prices are the same and there is no rental guarantee from the developer. If you read the promotional material closely you will see there is no rental guarantee at all, the resort is just taking bookings a year before completion.

Regards,
Rob.

Last edited:
D

dhoskings

This development seems very overpriced compared to others in the same area or even in Brazil.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
This development seems very overpriced compared to others in the same area or even in Brazil.
Hi Dhoskings,

Natal Ocean Club isn't overpriced at all considering that it is a 5 star resort. The resort is also part of the Preferred Hotels group who have as members the likes of Sandy Lane in Barbados, etc.

The standard of finish, facilities and features is exceptional as well so the price is justified.

Rob

P

PropDoc

Hi. I am looking at buying one of the Beach Cabanas at NOC, but again I think they are too expensive. 140m2 (96m2 living space 40m2 garden) for 358,000 Sterling. = 4100USD/M2. Can anyone tell me what the average price /m2 for 5star finished product is in Natal or even in Pipa for example. Anyone think I will have a difficult time exiting from NOC or from a luxury beech cabana?? Thanks for your help in advance.