Natal Coast, North V South

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MDV

Hi again fellow travellers,
Thought this would be an interesting subject for y'all to consider. The Natal coastal area seems to be divided not only and obviously by Natal city, but also by cultures.
In the North area, we have lots of new investments with huge off plan towns/resorts being built in the middle of nowhere and being bought mainly by Brits, who all like to stay together as we know, island mentality I think it is called.
In the South area they have some established resort towns, or real towns with resorts,and continued developement with a truly mixed culture of Portuguese,Italian,Spanish,Argentinian and of course Brazilians, but strangely enough NO Brits.
For me this is a very intersting, is it a deliberate attempt to keep these cultures seperate or merely a fluke of marketing.
What do you think? Brits being herded of to the North, or just one of these things.

D

deedee1

Re: North Or South!!

:) Hi ALL,

I think its mainly because the north is being widely promoted as the destination with it ALL and has a lot of property/resort choices!!!

Most properties and resorts are being built in the north in comparison to the south and the main attractions of the north are to be better beaches, better climate, new airport, increased tourism and investments= funding going into services and infrastructure!!

See ya D :)

M

MDV

Hi All,
Optomistic thinking DeDe, and you may well be proven right, although the differences quoted are not quite reality yet, the north is expected to have 'Larger' resorts, not more, the climate I believe is the same:rolleyes: beaches in both regions are hailed as some of the best in Brazil and the 'new' airport is still a dream in a politicians mind. Infrastructure is a double edged sword for these regions, if by that we mean high rise towers on the sea front as in other regions in the south of Brazil, and classic example Spain, then I think the more rustic south has the vote, with stricter planning controls and environmental awareness. Bigger is not always better.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi D & MDV,

Are you guys talking about North Brazil vs. South Brazil or North of Natal vs. South of Natal?

M

MDV

I am talking about the coastal regions of Natal..........hence the title of the thread, not sure what dee dee is talking about with climates being different.

N

nickohorny

North gains Maracajau - one of the worlds best diving coral reef hotspots ;) - although global warming may change that within years to come :(

N

nickohorny

Is The build on the bridge opening North is still under construction?

D

deedee1

:) Hi all,

SORRY MY MISTAKE- Mis read the title thought it was north vs south brazil not north and south of natal!!!

Sorry to confuse you...:confused:

See ya D :)

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Soooo....back to the original question.....
Depends what you are after, all the big and mega-developments are in the north, smaller boutique and some medium sized in the south.

N

NewYorker

Hi Dee Dee ,
I hear all this talk about Natal which I think is a simply terribel area and yes I have been there !! No mention at all anywhere on this site about Joao Pessoa about two hours south of Natal. Much nicer City Much Better Roads and in my opinion Much Less crime as well. A Safe Nice Place
Where can I find a blog or forum about Joao Pessoa ?

D

Dotty

Banned
You can create one here.Joao Pessoa is wonderful.I am off on my travels to visit again.
Prices are creeping up,but in general the cost of living is cheaper than Natal and there are fewer people.Paraiba has outstanding beaches and I believe there is quite a lot of property and land to buy.The only problem is getting there from another country as there are nt any direct flights at present.Maybe the experts can help us on this one!!Any ideas on places to invest in land buys or condos alto padrao??

N

NewYorker

Hi Dee Dee ,
I have spent much much time in Joao Pessoa the last few years as it my destination of choice. I actually came very close to buying a piece of land and building a developement with some investors but since my views have changed.
It is less expensive then Natal . Used to be half the price when I first discovered the place but since then it is quickly catching up !! For those who are stuck on the northeast I think it is their best bet and they can catch a short flight from Natal or Recife to Joao Pessoa easily I believe at least I am sure they can fro Recife . . . . Natal who knows these days.
I found Natal overcrowded with Prostitutes although Joao Pessoa may have a few they are much less evident and far and few between compared to Natal !! Natal as far as a City goes is in very bad shape and not cared for all that well. Joao Pessoa is a much nicer City . Easier to get around , cared for better, and much cleaner as well with what seems to be a better class of people as well. Yes there is plenty of room for improvement as with many cities in the northeast but defiantely better the Natal 100 % better !!
My worse fears about the place seem to have come true and that is that the almost overnight growth has and will hurt the City as the infrastructure does not seem to be keeping up with it's growth rate.
Now, one has to be almost as careful doing business there as Natal but not nearly as careful yet !! Prices have gotten to a point where people are looking else where.
I am finding areas that gringoes rarely looked at for vacation and or relocation spots are now much more reasonable , established and just as nice if not nicer then the northeast now. Areas around but not in Rio and Sao Paulo and even South in Santa Catarina. They also have a much easier climate to handle and the northeast seems to have been having enormous amounts of rain and local flooding lately as well.
In my opinion most of the northeast's popularity is due to foreign investors and Brazilian Builders who have bought lands there very cheap and are trying to market them as some sort of a Paradise which it is far from especially in out of town areas of Natal !! and many other Cities as well including Joao Pessoa !!
For me I am heading SOUTH where I believe it is and will be better. The bubble popped here in the States and it is sure to Pop in the Northeast section of Brazil as well because of what it has been inflated with . . . . BS ... BS ... BS !!!
Well I will start a post on Joao Pessoa simply out of curiosity as it may be satisfying personally to see just how many people actually agree with me. :O)

N

NewYorker

I believe Brits are being exploited there by other Brits trying to sell then some kind of a dream property for more then they should be paying !! I dount if there are many if any dream properties in Rio Grande do Norte !!

M

mitico67

Hi Dee Dee ,
I hear all this talk about Natal which I think is a simply terribel area and yes I have been there !! No mention at all anywhere on this site about Joao Pessoa about two hours south of Natal. Much nicer City Much Better Roads and in my opinion Much Less crime as well. A Safe Nice Place
Where can I find a blog or forum about Joao Pessoa ?
you can find a very informative thread at gringoes.com. Plenty of info and people living there!:)

D

Dotty

Banned
Litoral North is much more difficult to get to which means transporting building materials can bring along building delays.The further North the more isolated and complex the building work becomes.The beaches North are nice but there are much better beaches in Ceara(North of Forteleza and way up to to Sao Luis and beyond)

The South of Natal is 2nd home to the Natalese who holiday in Dec and Jan .There are fine beaches infact Barra de Cunhau and Baia Famosa are outstanding,but are miles away.Go even further and it gets even better into Paraiba .

M

michaelbush

Litoral North is much more difficult to get to which means transporting building materials can bring along building delays.The further North the more isolated and complex the building work becomes.
Spotty, what planet are you on? THe new bridge, the old bridge, the BR101 take you directly to the north beaches. What proof of delays due to materials transport difficulties do you have? Just another of your ramblings!

D

Dotty

Banned
You can get across the bridge with ease ,but god help you when it rains because your wellies are much needed if you want to get to Porto Mirim or Jacuma and beyond as I experienced last week.
Spotty, what planet are you on? THe new bridge, the old bridge, the BR101 take you directly to the north beaches. What proof of delays due to materials transport difficulties do you have? Just another of your ramblings!

G

Golfingworld

I visited a couple of sites in Maracajau and they have to take the materials up the beach as there is no inland road, just a track....so they are dependent on the tides and other things....this cannot be easy. I was taken around to some on a buggy and even that struggled throught he heavy sand...one was a huge allegedly Arab owned complex will be great inside the others were near the completed Danish or Norwegian place. I can see Dotty's point on this on and I now feel great moderating other people's negativity!

Status
Not open for further replies.