Natal Coast, North V South

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

michaelbush

I visited a couple of sites in Maracajau and they have to take the materials up the beach as there is no inland road, just a track....so they are dependent on the tides and other things....this cannot be easy. I was taken around to some on a buggy and even that struggled throught he heavy sand...one was a huge allegedly Arab owned complex will be great inside the others were near the completed Danish or Norwegian place. I can see Dotty's point on this on and I now feel great moderating other people's negativity!
MORE SPECULATIVE STATEMENTS. Materials do not arrive via the beach dependent on tides! They arrive using the estradas that exist. Porto dos Corais development is for 341 units and I have seen materials arriving there!!

G

Golfingworld

The guy who built his own house on the north beach that who took me up the beach and dunes personally in his own buggy must have got it all wrong then! As must the Dutch surveyer who was specifying the huge Arab complex I went into!

FCZ

FCZ

My guess is that scandinavians are mainly in Natal, at least that was what I read in an agent site (scandinavian) suggesting why Cumbucu is a good choice :rolleyes:.
My best friends used to be mainly Sweedish, they do like to party like Brazilians...Man, they do love caipirinha as well! Though a Finish friend disagree with the drinking thing; there are some dispute on who manage to keep drinking even when they are down to the floor. The Sweedish schnaaps songs are quite cool, no clue what they were singing, but what a heck, everybody is drunk anyway.
Sorry for the digression, but we still have Natal, Scandinavians and caipirinha:)
Weekend closing...

Hi again fellow travellers,
Thought this would be an interesting subject for y'all to consider. The Natal coastal area seems to be divided not only and obviously by Natal city, but also by cultures.
In the North area, we have lots of new investments with huge off plan towns/resorts being built in the middle of nowhere and being bought mainly by Brits, who all like to stay together as we know, island mentality I think it is called.
In the South area they have some established resort towns, or real towns with resorts,and continued developement with a truly mixed culture of Portuguese,Italian,Spanish,Argentinian and of course Brazilians, but strangely enough NO Brits.
For me this is a very intersting, is it a deliberate attempt to keep these cultures seperate or merely a fluke of marketing.
What do you think? Brits being herded of to the North, or just one of these things.

D

Dotty

Banned
There are not a lot of Scandinavians in Natal ,but there are more Portuguese than any other European nationality.There was a period a few yrs back when we had the happy Dutch folk ,but they have kind of dwindled away ,Im not sure why as they loved Natal .
My guess is that scandinavians are mainly in Natal, at least that was what I read in an agent site (scandinavian) suggesting why Cumbucu is a good choice :rolleyes:.
My best friends used to be mainly Sweedish, they do like to party like Brazilians...Man, they do love caipirinha as well! Though a Finish friend disagree with the drinking thing; there are some dispute on who manage to keep drinking even when they are down to the floor. The Sweedish schnaaps songs are quite cool, no clue what they were singing, but what a heck, everybody is drunk anyway.
Sorry for the digression, but we still have Natal, Scandinavians and caipirinha:)
Weekend closing...

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
There are not a lot of Scandinavians in Natal ,but there are more Portuguese than any other European nationality.There was a period a few yrs back when we had the happy Dutch folk ,but they have kind of dwindled away ,Im not sure why as they loved Natal .
Most of the Scandies I see in Brazil are in Pipa, and quite a few Dutch folk there as well ....

M

michaelbush

Most of the Scandies I see in Brazil are in Pipa, and quite a few Dutch folk there as well ....
You can also meet Scandinavians in the Norwegian Bar in Ponta Negra, and the Dutch in the Bada 'R Ping Dutch bar in the vila of Ponta Negra. The Engliosh are also know to frequent these bars, since it appears you can drink for as long as you like without eating! They also both have all the footy!

M

michaelbush

You can also meet Scandinavians in the Norwegian Bar in Ponta Negra, and the Dutch in the Bada 'R Ping Dutch bar in the vila of Ponta Negra. The English are also know to frequent these bars, since it appears you can drink for as long as you like without eating! They also both have all the footy!

C

Celt

Perhaps you are moving in the wrong circles, there are plenty of Swedes with properties in natal/RN and many charter flights to the region. The Cactus bar/restaurant on Ponta Negra beach is run by a Swede.

FCZ

FCZ

Precipitations

Well, I'll visit RN at the beginning of August and I wonder how is the rain during June and July.

From MSN weather, by far, Fortaleza is the driest place during June-August, followed by RN and Pernambuco. The Weather Channel tough, give all similar precipitation levels, with just a little advantage for Fortaleza (but windy, I believe).

On the link below, the guy mention the west coast of RN (costa oeste),what is it? I know South & North... Natal, Pipa, Fortaleza, and Recife are always there for June-August.

So, I wonder the weather during June-August, when my family will spend vacations. When it rains, is it similar to Thailand, where one hour later beaches are ok? How about PN, the beach doesn't look particular impressive after a raining day.
Thanks in advance!:)

Brasil: como fugir das chuvas, destino a destino - Viaje na Viagem- Blogs viajeaqui

This is from MSN weather, The Weather Channel give all three locations similar precipitaion numbers.
Monthly averages RECIFE
June Avg Low: 22° Avg High: 27° Avg Precipitation: 16.83 cm
July Avg Low: 22° Avg High: 26° Avg Precipitation: 14.31 cm
August Avg Low: 22° Avg High: 26° Avg Precipitation: 9.97 cm

Monthly averages NATAL

June Avg Low: 23° Avg High: 30° Avg Precipitation: 18.07 cm
July Avg Low: 22° Avg High: 29° Avg Precipitation: 14.98 cm
August Avg Low: 22° Avg High: 29° Avg Precipitation: 7.59 cm

Monthly averages FORTALEZA

June Avg Low: 24° Avg High: 30° Avg Precipitation: 10.11 cm
July Avg Low: 24° Avg High: 30° Avg Precipitation: 4.44 cm
August Avg Low: 24° Avg High: 30° Avg Precipitation: 2.51 cm

Last edited:
D

Dotty

Banned
Well it's been raining heavily for the past 2 days and usually rains frequently in July and August.Obviously only god determines how much and when ,so I can't give perfect predictions,however we tend to see either heavy rain for days or spells of heavy rain and then sunshine.Either way bring a brolly just in case and a jumper or light jacket and mosquito repellent.

FCZ

FCZ

Well it's been raining heavily for the past 2 days and usually rains frequently in July and August.Obviously only god determines how much and when ,so I can't give perfect predictions,however we tend to see either heavy rain for days or spells of heavy rain and then sunshine.Either way bring a brolly just in case and a jumper or light jacket and mosquito repellent.
Well, it seems to me that most of the cities I mentioned, the raining season is between April and June. Since my family will spend vacations between the end of June to the end of August, not a big deal. In South, when beaches are great, January-February, it rains too, but after a day or two everything is great. That's what I was wondering, if beaches in the NE are similar,i.e., if after a raining day they are ok.
Mosquitos: Tropical beaches = mosquitos. I know tips to keep them away. Anyway, they usually harass the newcomers, then they dump you for some fresh blood, party mosquitos...:cool:
Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
A

Andy B

North v south natal

Hi Guy's

I am new to the site so sorry if this has been covered !!

We are looking at properties around natal and are looking to the south of Natal (Mar de Tabatinga complex) as this seems to have limited development compared to the North where there seems to be more developments appearing (especially for the brits who we all try to avoid :D )

In peoples opinion, is the south of Natal a better investment to the North?

Cheers

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Guy's

I am new to the site so sorry if this has been covered !!

We are looking at properties around natal and are looking to the south of Natal (Mar de Tabatinga complex) as this seems to have limited development compared to the North where there seems to be more developments appearing (especially for the brits who we all try to avoid :D )

In peoples opinion, is the south of Natal a better investment to the North?

Cheers
Hi Andy,

There are many more smaller developments south of Natal than in the north where the developments tend to be much larger. We don't sell in Tabatinga for a few reasons which I won't go into here, but if you like the south check out Pipa which has infrastructure and where you can get some rental income as well.

The north is a longer term bet as the developments are larger and will take longer to complete. There are some big hotel chains getting involved in a few developments up north which is a very positive sign.

Regards,
Rob.

D

Dotty

Banned
Rob,

What big resorts are there in the North?As far as all are aware the 2 major ones have gone under.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rob,

What big resorts are there in the North?As far as all are aware the 2 major ones have gone under.
No mega resorts since GNG and Lagoa have gone, but Jacuma Resort and Natal Ocean Club are two we deal with.

J

JMBroad

Porto dos Corais is also in the North - but there are lots of "smaller than GNG but still pretty large" developments in the north in various stages of construction.

A

afinalresult

Did you guys no the 2nd cleanest air in the worls is in the North East of BRazil?

D

Dotty

Banned
Yes,of course,but not anymore! According to the local papers ,pollution has been rising heavily in the Northeast over the past 4 yrs or so and it will not be long before it will be similar to Sao Paulo!! The smells are getting there when it rains heavily.
Did you guys no the 2nd cleanest air in the worls is in the North East of BRazil?

Status
Not open for further replies.