My portuguese option

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

von.doll

Hello everyone.
I’m a retired engineer in France and recently I’ve chosen to move to Portugal because for some years a friend of mine was always telling me that one day I would go live to his region. I usually say he was crazy. However in past summer I’ve been finally in his village. I´m must tell i became in love to the land. Is so peaceful and calm, however, and this is the most strange, is near from essential stuff as the supermarket or the medical center. At some months ago me and my wife start to talk about go living to Portugal. I confess it was complicated to take a decision.. About 3 months ago I started to look for houses in that same village and that was a tremendous difficulty operation. Finally I’ve found out a new house with many rooms and excellent location, near from a spa complex. after some conversations I took my decision. I’m must tell you everyone - I’ve made an excellent business!
J. Von Doll

V

von.doll

Hello again.
For a question of personal privacy, I wouldn’t like to reefer the exact location of my new house, however I can say that it is in Viseu´s regions, central Portugal, Lafões.
Best regards.

J. Von Doll

F

Fusco

Portugal

Hello,

I'm glad that you came to Portugal to live, but you forgout to tell us the region!

Best Regards,

Fusco
Lawyer

R

Rob L

You have made the right decision...so did I...in conceicao near tavira

J

JMBroad

While I lived in Lisbon (lived there for 6 years while still in the corporate rat race) my only joy was spending a (rare) weekend out in the country away from everything.

Only thing near the country house was a tiny "tasca" restaurant which served spicy "frango assado e batata frita", red wine mixed with coca-cola and a very dodgy chocolate mousse.

However I assume being up in Viseu the culinary habits are more geared towards the "Ovos Moles" and suckling pig than anything else.

Lovely area, enjoy the move :)

M

mad_zzzb

I think Portugal has a lot of those spots just around the corner. For example I moved to a place that is 10 minutes from the capital Lisbon and am sorroundend by green on a village with few than 500 people with house scattered in the valleys.

There are a lot of options if you know where to look.

Just curious, being a small country do you travel to know other places more to the South?

I

Investec

Hi there Von.Doll and welcome to the Forum and congrats in purchasing property in Portugal .

omostra06

omostra06

Portugal is a great choice of country to live in, we live in Central Portugal, been here for around four years now and love living here.:)

L

l.a.a.s

Hello again.
For a question of personal privacy, I wouldn’t like to reefer the exact location of my new house, however I can say that it is in Viseu´s regions, central Portugal, Lafões.
Best regards.

J. Von Doll
Welcome to the Dão Lafões region , if you see my coordinates here in this forum (google earth) you can check how close we are. If you wish do not hesitate to met me.

best regards
luis

Status
Not open for further replies.