Mumbai - from the slums to the penthouses

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
If there is one area of India which replicates Indian society from the very bottom to the very top it has to be Mumbai. The city is often seen as the acceptable face of new India and generates a massive proportion of India's GDP, industrial output, maritime trade and capital transactions. However, on the reverse side of the Mumbai coin you have the slums which are often kept hidden from the press but can house anything up to 1,000,000 people. So how do these two communities interact and how exactly did Mumbai get into this situation?

Click Here to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Mumbai - from the slums to the penthouses

M

mu_scle99

Hello All

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what a good living in Mumbia would be. I have no idea what a good living is there i can only assume that i would be fine but not knowing anything i am unsure. The company i work for is sending me over there for 5 years and wanting to pay me only 60k USD which equates to 2.7million INR is that good just ok or should i ask for more?

2F2F

Hello All

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what a good living in Mumbia would be. I have no idea what a good living is there i can only assume that i would be fine but not knowing anything i am unsure. The company i work for is sending me over there for 5 years and wanting to pay me only 60k USD which equates to 2.7million INR is that good just ok or should i ask for more?
you'll probably live like a king on US$60K/year

A

avinashjog

The cost of living in Mumbai has indeed shot up very high. It is almost impossible for a middle class person to find a good home at an affordable price. That is why tier 2 cities like Pune are now booming in real estate.

B

bryansmo12

Definitely Mumbai is good option for investment, because Mumbai is the fast growing city compare to other cities with all the facilities an individual will expect.

R

rakesh1234

Yes mate but cost of houses in slums is very high in Mumbai.
Property rates in the biggest slum of Mumbai i.e. Dharavi are in crores mate.

S

sharma

Banned
Do you think Mumbai is a good investment option?
Mumbai for sure is a good investment option but if am not wrong as per the law foreigners are not allowed to buy land or house in India. Do a through research before deciding on to invest in India

S

shilpa

Banned
Do you think Mumbai is a good investment option?
Ofcourse, yes... Because of the population burst in india, land cost growing day by day. In mumbai every sq. ft has good value, so I feel mumbai, Bangalore and chennai are good investment options.

W

westernheights

The amount which you will be getting paid is more than enough to live in Mumbai and can easily enjoy the luxury as well.