Moving to Netherlands, looking for job/accommodation

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lane

Hi Guys,
I'm new this forum, good to know there are forums like this. I?m hoping to move to Netherlands this year, preferably somewhere in Amsterdam. But from what I?ve been hearing everything is relatively expensive. I'm an Asian Indian, currently in Dubai and working as a freelance artist from time to time, nothing big-time.
I would appreciate if anyone gave me a few hints on how the job scopes are in general and looking for an accommodation. I'm willing to do ANY KINDA work, as long as I can pay my bills, and pays for my accommodation. Just want to get settled down, make some savings and then maybe look for a job in my area - art, after a year or two. But before that what are the chances of me getting any low/decent paid job in Amsterdam and the living standards?
Thanks!

L

lorenzo

Hi Lane
I am afraid that your idea might not work. First, in order to live here you have to have a sponsor or a job and can prove adequate income to sustain you. Finding jobs here without speaking Dutch is very hard. The immigration policies in the Netherlands are becoming very strict. In fact, as of this month, you HAVE to take an integration course in your home country and pass a test before you can be admitted to Holland to live. It is just not as easy as to just come, find a place to live and find a job. It just doesn't work that easily here. Sorry, but am afraid you may have to rethink you ideas.
Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.