Moving to Cyprus. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

avery

hello all,
I have very fond memories of Cyprus having worked there in the late 80's and early 90's and I always said I would like to live there one day.
Now in my early 40's through a mixture of circumstances, I find myself in a position where when my house sale goes through I should make about ?55,000 profit. I was seriously considering buying myself a little one bedroom place in Cyprus and hopefully will not very little or no mortgage to pay. Not be anything fancy for that money I know but even if it was habitable and needed work it would do.
With no mortgage there shouldn't be a huge amount of pressure to get a job but hopefully I would in due course get something even if it was just enough to get by.
I am currently learning Greek, mostly for my own satisfaction but also hoping that it would help me eventually in the hunt for a job.
My work history ranges from being a mechanic up until 10 years ago, a 5 year stint as a sales rep for a plant hire company then working for Scottish Water as a transport manager with a CPC qualification before moving across to customer services. Probably not much that I can use over in Cyprus but I have never been out of work in my life and can turn my hand to justly about anything.
A big step for me maybe but as they say "You only live once" and life really is too short not to just go for it sometimes.
Any thoughts or experiences or advice you can offer would be appreciated.
Cheers
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.