ad

Moving properties in personal name to ltd company

W

w885sl

Anyone who has recently done this and can offer guidance on how to approach this?
Has this worked for you? Any other learnings?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I think it only really works when you reach a level which makes it financially viable from a cost and potential tax savings point of view. One of the huge long-term benefits to transferring significant amounts of property into one limited company is the sales process.

If you are looking to sell your properties lock stock and barrel, you will simply sell shares in the company as opposed to going through the legal rigmarole of selling each individual property. In the eyes of the law, the company is the owner of the properties and that won't change. What will change is the owners of the company.

Speak to an accountant.

W

w885sl

I think it only really works when you reach a level which makes it financially viable from a cost and potential tax savings point of view. One of the huge long-term benefits to transferring significant amounts of property into one limited company is the sales process.

If you are looking to sell your properties lock stock and barrel, you will simply sell shares in the company as opposed to going through the legal rigmarole of selling each individual property. In the eyes of the law, the company is the owner of the properties and that won't change. What will change is the owners of the company.

Speak to an accountant.
thanks

Any accountants on this forum who would be keen to help with this restructuring?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

It may be worth contacting the owner of this forum @Nicholas Wallwork to see whether he has any contacts in the accounting sector. As a prominent and active property investor, I would be very surprised if he doesn't have a contact who can help you.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I would also be interested to hear what @Nicholas Wallwork has to say and especially the crossover point when it is more cost effective to switch property into a company set-up.