ad

Moving into rental property

I

ITFC Josh

please move/delete if not allowed

so here is the timeline for me moving into rented flat (Mum owns it family rate)

December (2021) tenants said to letting agent they looking at houses

February (2022) told letting agent they don't wanna renew tenancy (Ends 25h June 22) as had offer accept on house

May 2022 told letting agent Conveyancer had 20 questions to answer

June 2022 (Middle of month) asked to extend for another month.

July 5th conveyancer had 3 questions to answer

July 12th waiting to exchange

No update since then.

I have feeling tenants gonna extend for another month surely they should move out before 25th August....

Dose it really take 7-8 months+ to move house??

if deals falls through gonna do S21 but they do know we want property back

N

NicolaQeen

I think it is always better to buy. If you buy a property outright or take out a mortgage, it stays with you for life and you don't pay money for nothing. I think renting is good for temporary housing, but I only rented when I was a student. The first thing I started saving for was a house. Sure, I had to work a lot, which was pretty hard, but if I rented, I would work as much, but I would still have to pay for it every month for the rest of my life. I only rent houses or apartments when I go on vacation or business trips, and I even try to save money check out the prices at https://frequentislander.com/the-4-best-hidden-gem-siesta-key-beach-house-rentals/ for a start.

D

Dora Wi

It's strange for sure, it shouldn't take so long to move especially given that they seem to have started considering it a while ago. Did they give any reason?

I

ITFC Josh

Update got the keys & moving in date yay 16th-17th September

Just waiting for work to approve the 16th off they being awkward due to one staff member being off A/L & another coming back from sick leave/OP will find out next week if approve hope so

Last edited:
D

DKBenjamin

Hi, I share your excitement.
But before you finally move into your rented property, that is if you're not the maiden tenant to the property.

In that case for security reasons, change all the keys and locks to the property.

Hope this works.

I

ITFC Josh

Thank you the bottom lock is a bit stiff so gonna get that changed as out of the 3 keys only one works really well

mums idea (she owns the flat)