Moving advice

E

enlargemen

Gonna be moving to a new house 3 miles away from our current house in late June. Trying to schedule both closings on the same day if possible.
What was your best experience moving and what strategies would you recommend?
Struggling to wrap my mind around when to get out of current house.

totally fine with paying someone to load and unload stuff into a pod or moving truck?

D

DeclanVaughan

I suggest you reach out for help at a well-known moving company, maybe

Last edited:
D

DarwinLarson

Hi! You might consider doing it yourself if you're concerned about the safety of your belongings!

J

jordypreliminary

Thank you so much for sharing your problem here; it's nice that I'm not alone in such a situation. Householders want our approval to renovate the second floor, where I live, so they have to get my agreement first. My wife also got a 40% of the papers to this apartment, so she's the second person they will approach with this question. We aren't against this, but I wouldn't say I like the company they chose to make all the work. I want to work with a company that does Loft conversions London, because I saw their projects and liked them immediately. Householders want the other company to make the renovation, so it's a big problem for us to get an agreement.

D

DelilahFrancis

Hi! There are a few things to consider when scheduling your move. If you are using a professional service, they may be able to work with you to coordinate the two closings. Otherwise, you will need to factor in the time it will take to pack and move your belongings.
You may also need to consider the time it will take to clean your current home and make any necessary repairs. Moving can be a stressful experience, so it is important to plan ahead and allow yourself plenty of time to get everything done. I bet Aceline Moving (https://acelinemoving.com/services/long-distance-moving/) will provide good service and be careful with your belongings. I hope this helps!