Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lyndsay552

Nick, they are lovely but i think they are way above our price range

P

propertastic

Nick, they are lovely but i think they are way above our price range
Yes, unfortunately it's going to be tough to find a new build villa for around 50K - most of them are coming in at a lot more than that.

L

lyndsay552

Is Moubarak 7 not around £50k or am I reading the websites wrong?

A

awahee123

Banned
Mubarak is cheaper but are they finished or unfinished?.
I know when I looked at them last year everybody was selling them unfinished.

L

lyndsay552

from what i have seen it was about 50,000eur unfinished and an extra 20,000eur to finish them which would be exactly our budget of £50k

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi Lyndsay,

That sounds ok if that is your budget.
The Beach is only across the road.

L

lyndsay552

does anyone have further details of the villas, ie site plans or floor plans?

D

distant dreamer

I'd be suprised if you'd get a villa there for £50,000. The developer I know was selling 2 bed finished apartments for just less than that!

L

lyndsay552

i have seen the villas on at least 4 different websites for just over £50k finished

P

propertastic

If the prices are for real, then grab one quick as it will be the bargain of the century.

The thing is though that I know that each of these semi-detached villas contain 250m2 (we spent half an hour walking around inside one),which means that 120m2 is the size of just one floor of each villa.

This would make sense and make the prices the same as European Village, which is part of the same development, where the price for one floor, finished, is GBP50,000, but a whole semi-detached villa of 250m2 is GBP95,000.

M

Mark .Y.

Lyndsay,

Those ads are from a guy called Mohammed (yes !!) of Hurghada Garden Estates. He showed me and my wife around a couple of properties whilst we were looking in Hurghada a couple of months ago.
He seemed a very nice guy but please do not take that as a recommendation as we did not eventually choose to buy anywhere so did not actually do business with him.
I found him on the internet as we had been given a price for the Mubarak 7 development by an English agent and his price was some £4,000 lower.
Now, he was quoting me in US$ and the pound was worth about $2.07 at the time so that may or may not help explain the price differential.
For your information, he also showed us villas on Mubarak 6 - for a "full" half a villa would have cost us between $72,700 and $81,800 (depending on location etc) plus $106/m2 finishing plus $6/m2 finishing for the garden plus around $12,000 for a private pool. I reckoned that £60,000 would comfortably buy you one of these villas arranged how you wanted (I liked the idea of 3 beds/2 baths (one en-suite) with a large lounge and also a large kitchen/diner),bear in mind you also have the private roof terrace and your own garden/pool.
He did, however, advise against buying a villa as he suggested they would not make great investments - I was a bit baffled by this as I was thinking that if Hurghada did take off as a holiday destination there would surely be a market for people wanting to buy private villas for around the £100,000 mark which would give you a bloody good return if you decided to sell.

Mark .Y.

G

GM43

Banned
"old" Mubarak 7 (part I & II) is sold without the land, you can use it for garden. You can't build anything on it, so a pool is not possible. You can buy the land from the governorate. I read that the price is now LE 150/m2, but this price will rise.
My advice: ask a lawyer about it first!

"New" Mubarak 7 (part III) is sold including the land. A half villa is now Euro 58.500 inluding 450m2 land, if you buy it directly from the developer.
I think the price mentioned is for an unfinished villa.
All information I wrote, I found on another forum.

D

deejay

egyptian british are the main dealer with the european village i.e mubarak 7. they are all sold unfinished unless from private buyer. each one usually comes with 300metre of land, but i think your costs are way off for finishing, swimming pool also costs 100,000le.
lovely place though or will be, these are cheaper because they are built on government land.

M

Mark .Y.

egyptian british are the main dealer with the european village i.e mubarak 7. they are all sold unfinished unless from private buyer. each one usually comes with 300metre of land, but i think your costs are way off for finishing, swimming pool also costs 100,000le.
lovely place though or will be, these are cheaper because they are built on government land.
The "European Village" is only a small part of Mubarak 7. Prices are far cheaper than Egyptian British are offering.

Whose costs are way off for finishing ?

Mark .Y.

L

lyndsay552

I had a look at Egyptian British and their prices are really expensive compared to any other website I've seen. Is this because it is aimed at the British market so they doubled their prices?

M

Mark .Y.

I had a look at Egyptian British and their prices are really expensive compared to any other website I've seen. Is this because it is aimed at the British market so they doubled their prices?

Well, you should note that they do come finished with a communal pool, air-con, satellite TV and insurance Lyndsay.
Having said that, I still feel that they are expensive considering a "half villa" is priced at £110,000.

Mark .Y.

L

lyndsay552

I'm still on the hunt for a villa in Mobarak 6 or 7.

Can anyone who knows the details of anyone selling them please PM me the details.

Many Thanks

Lyndsay

Status
Not open for further replies.