Moubarak 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Well here we are, back in Blighty after a glorious 2 weeks in Mubarak7.

We were able to get some more works done whilst we were there, such as the BBQ built on the roof, a sofa bed bought so now we can offer “Sleeps Four” and some repairs done that had been repaired previously but had broken again……we really enjoy paying twice for the same job…it’s the Egyptian way lol.

Mubarak 7 is progressing nicely with more and more villas being finished, particularly on our section (phase 1) although the European Village still looks a mess and not too much work seems to have been done since our last visit in May. Their security don’t like you taking photographs for some reason, however, I do have a few…just need to find out how to post them on here. It would seem that Egyptian British are spreading themselves too thin, or so the story goes.

The Egyptian Experience part is looking quite nice now with a lot of the gardens finished and pools dug.

Quite a few of the front line villas remain as shells as I expect the owners are waiting to sell at a greatly inflated price.
All in all, the area has improved greatly since our last visit, which is quite comforting as the feeling of seclusion is no longer there. The only downside is that there are quite a few stray dogs in the area which were reported, maybe the dog-catcher will round them up (or not).
Garbage collection seems to have been increased (twice a week) and street lights are now mostly lit, which is a bonus. Water supply is still free although with the increase in residents, this may not be the case in a few months time.

All in all we had a great time and it was good to meet our "meet and greeters" again. They look after our apartment whilst we are away and are good fixers.

Bye for now

J&K

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi J n K and welcome home. Seems like you had a busy time and hope you got some chill out time as well. Nice to hear that things are moving in the right direction and progressing. The easiest way to explain how to post pics is to make a post and click on the paper clip and you can then upload the pics direct from your pc. Any probs let me know.

S

samui13

Furniture

Hi Kate, your villa looks absolutely stunning.

do you mind me asking roughly what your roof furniture cost you, it is exactly what we are looking for for our roof terrace in sharm and I have no idea what something like this would cost.

i love it. Well done, you must be well chuffed. You can PM me if you would rather not put it on the forum (or if you dont want to say, I wont be offended)

Lou

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Hi Kate, your villa looks absolutely stunning.

do you mind me asking roughly what your roof furniture cost you, it is exactly what we are looking for for our roof terrace in sharm and I have no idea what something like this would cost.

i love it. Well done, you must be well chuffed. You can PM me if you would rather not put it on the forum (or if you dont want to say, I wont be offended)

Lou
Hi Lou,

We bought the bamboo furniture from Red-sea living/Red-Sea Furniture although I can't remember what we paid for it, we bought them about two and a half years ago but I know we didn't pay a lot for them, certainly nothing like UK prices.
Red-Sea furniture have their own web-site and is partly owned by a woman called Injy, she does a fantastic service.....in our personal opinion.

The sun loungers were purchased from a carpenters on Salem st, biggish place on the left hand side going up. We paid around 450 each including delivery 2 day service.

Regards

John

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi John yes agree with Lou - love the bamboo 3 seater and chair - Cmon Lou get Stew spending that money so I can sit and relax with you on your roof terrace with scotch and cokes whilst the sun has gone down around the pools!

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Hi John yes agree with Lou - love the bamboo 3 seater and chair - Cmon Lou get Stew spending that money so I can sit and relax with you on your roof terrace with scotch and cokes whilst the sun has gone down around the pools!
Do you mind!! Just got back to England and in that one sentance you've just made me feel homesick ;)

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Return

Well, not long now for our return (Nov 6th),looking forwards to enjoying a bit of sun (with attitude) again.
One or two jobs to do, one being a pigeon deterrent. They keep nesting behind the aircon units whilst the apartment is empty (only takes a couple of days) and secondly to get the exterior painted, hopefully our friends will have sorted out the/a builder to do this but you never know.

Will file a report on the area on our return, have heard that the Mall is now open, had an e-mail from the manager, so this will be handy.

Laters folks....packing to do! :wavey:

T

thelfamily

hi - so envious of you going off to sunny hurghada. which mall is this? is it senzo mall?

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Yes, this is the Senzo Mall. It'll be so handy if the e-mail I had is correct and it is open.

Will post later.

T

thelfamily

hi and thanks for the info on the mall. Does anyone know if they do furniture - table & chairs, coffee tables etc?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi here is their website which states which stores will be open in the mall Home

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Thanks Queenie, the Wife's getting quite excited at the prospect of having a local mall to spend my money in.........Joy!

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Private Beach???

Some Estate Agencies in Hurghada (one in particular) is advertising the villas in Mub7 as having a private beach. Now I’m well aware that there is a public beach just across the coast road but not of any private beach belonging to Mub7 (otherwise we’d have been on it).
I’m aware that Abu el Nasr (builder) had verbally indicated that the public beach was to belong to the villas and also heard that he had given back word and had now sold it for a construction site.

Can anyone throw some light on this matter, we can’t have estate agents selling villas with non-existent private beaches now can we!
:dontknow:

P

paddywin

i have bought, and sold 18 months later and have never heard anything about that

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Update

Mub7 now seems to have finishing going on all over the place, even on the front line.
From what I understand from a few of the permanent residents, the construction company (Abu El Nasser) will not recognise a resident’s society unless it comprises of only Egyptians. He (allegedly) has stated that the area he originally designated as a private beach for the residents on Mub7 (Public beach) is no longer going to be for the residents as “nothing was put on paper”… in effect he lied.

The “estate” is now growing rapidly into completion, with more and more villas showing signs of activity, gardens springing up everywhere and holes dug for pools.

The shopping mall is all but built and completed, however it is reported that Sunshine Estates want so much for the rental that there has been no uptake from any prospective shopkeepers. It would also seem that the Senzo Mall connection is a spurious one. The General Manager, who told me earlier that it was open, has since e-mailed me (yesterday). When she was questioned as to why it wasn’t quite finished and not open when earlier she had e-mailed me to say it opened in August, she stated that she didn’t know where Mub7 was as she was new to the job!! :D How quaint!

The new road outside Mub7 looks like it is going to be a grand affair with a central reservation lined with palm trees (something like the esplanade) and work on this is being completed at an alarming rate.

It was quite interesting to see the road being sprayed with tar prior to the tarmac being laid, only to see vehicles driving close behind the sprayer, getting a free re-spray and under-seal! :s:

Well, that’s all for now from your roving reporter

Regards to you all

John and Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.