Mortgage financing for a property in Istanbul, Turkey

N

nilufar

Hello,
I am a US citizen looking into buying a property in Istanbul. i spoke to my US bank regarding mortgage financing and they referred me to their branch in Turkey which is still getting back to me.

Can US citizens get US financing for a property they are buying outside of the USA? If not, what are other financing options?

This is the first property i am buying in Turkey. Any help / tips / advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

07estates

Hello,
I am a US citizen looking into buying a property in Istanbul. i spoke to my US bank regarding mortgage financing and they referred me to their branch in Turkey which is still getting back to me.

Can US citizens get US financing for a property they are buying outside of the USA? If not, what are other financing options?

This is the first property i am buying in Turkey. Any help / tips / advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Just a tip: take a look if you have following banks in the USA:
Deniz Bank
ING
Fortis Bank

Maybe there they can also help you.

If not please contact the banks here:
DenizBank

ING Bank > Products & Services > Mortgage Products

Fortis (made for EU Residents but maybe they also have offers for US Residents)

GL2U

Thomas

M

MNT

mortgage loans in Turkey

All finished residential developments, houses that have habitation licenses and those that are at the construction or project stages can be financed through the “Turkish Housing Finance System”.

Individuals can get residential mortgage loans up to 75% of the appraised value of the property. Banks generally apply this ratio as 50% for foreigners and request detailed information obtained from the Credit Records Bureau.