Morocco is a Safe country for investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wesley

Hi Guys.

Morocco is backed by the USA like it or not? And has a long history with the state of Israel again like it or not? The Kings adviser is Jewish.

Morocco at one time had as many as 400.000 Jews living there and they still have an influence in Morocco today.

Morocco is a very pro western country and was the first country in the world to formally recognize the USA would you believe it, hence the close relationship.

Its a safe investment as most FDI (foreign direct investment) is coming from the west and the middle east in bucket loads recently the middle eastern countries invested 19 Billion pounds into Moroccan tourism projects.
Thanks
Wesley

Y

yechou2006

Propriety in Morocco

hello.
i am male from Morocco and i live in Agadir city south of Morocco and i arrange and i work for myself propriety in Morocco mostly Marrakech and Agadir ouarzazate and for more information contact me my email is [email protected] and i will help you it is geart pleasure for me.

T

Tim10

I am not so how sure how safe Morocco acutually is. There has been a surge in radical Islam in the Arab states. This has placed a solid threat on even powerhouse governments like Egypt. In fact the UK investors who are buying like crazy in countries like Egypt, Morocco and the like may see their investment go up in smoke. Solid investments in the Middle East would be Israel (Eilat, Tel-Aviv and Netanya) and Turkey. The Israeli property market is being swamped by the French. Tiberias may be the best investment as properties prices have been trashed to below cost of build due to a poor local economy. A recent influx of industry and government aid may see prices rise soon. Also prices in the city of Elad have risen by some 20 percent in recent months with a major demand and housing shortage -- prices in Elad are expected to rise another 25 percent by mid-2008.

Israel is probably a better investment than Turkey due to its stable democracy and strong economy. This is while Turkey tends to undergo a military coup every four to six years. Yet, the military is secular and allows democracy to return relatively quickly.

T

Tim10

I suggest those who see the above letter go with caution to such areas and use a UK agent and when they go to buy a solid soliciter of their own. Never use the soliciter provided by the agent or developer -- unless you are cruising for a bruising.

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

Would you like to invest/live in a Country where you have forced out the indigenous population of their homes and land and treat nearly 4 million people as as sub human and deprive them of their basic dignity ????

Where, the new settlers from different parts of the world are treated as different and have their pegging order.

If, I buy there as a non chosen member of the world community, how long before my investment will be forcefully taken from me.

T

Tim10

Politic and reality are different issues

Camel with 3 humps,

I do not plan to get into the political dispute in the Middle East with you. However, the way in which you put things was rather biased and inaccurate.

Furthermore, I would advice against property purchases in the West Bank. All the areas I mentioned are in the main area of Israel which is not disputed. Property sales in the West Bank may be problematic under international law. However, this is as much a political issue as a legal one.

I believe that Israel will return all of the West Bank to Arab rule and thus any purchases in the West Bank may prove to be a very bad investment. Again, as I stated before, all the areas I mentioned are within the recognized Green Line and have no problems under international law.

I hope this clarification is useful.

Best Regards

Tim Higgins

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
My views are neither bias nor inaccurate. It is a historical fact. As an investor I can ignore politics & social structure of a Country.

T

Tim10

There is not such thing as an historical fact -- everything is subject to interpretation

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

Are you saying that nearly 4 million people were not thrown out of there homes ?

Are you saying that various people who migrated to Israel from Russia, North Africa are not at the bottom end of the pegging order ??/

So, how do you interpret what happened in Poland ????????

I am sorry, If the facts becomes interpretation and that is how you Analise geopolitical/socio position in a Country. How can anybody trust your evaluation of a good or a bad risk.

I

Investy

Tim, your debating logic is unsound.

You started by making overt political judgements on Morocco, Egypt and Arabia ('your property may go up in smoke'),then later you say "I do not plan to get into the political dispute in the middle east with you"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully the moral zietgiest is rapidly moving further from extremists like Bush and Bin Laden.

Us investors usualy accept a modicum of risk for terrorists, howver we also recognise you are about 1000 times more likely to be struck by lightening 9the number of UK citizens struck by lightening each year is well over a thousand times greater than the number struck by a terrorism outrage).

In the end people are people. They want leaders that put food on the table, provide education for thier kids and hospitals and jobs. They soon tire of old men with beards reading from mythology claiming homosexuals should be condemned

(actually all tribes tended to marginalise homosexuals as the biosecurity natural imperitive kicked - in to ensure the tribe produced as many children as possible in order a good supply of warrior defenders. Men with beards used this natural bio survival instinct to turn to thier advantage and then mythologised it as being the will of God as this meant the shamans with a line to God got listened to and gained control and power.)

Morocco is a lot closer than Israel and infinitely more appealing

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Steady on Investy, We are talking abut property investment and risked related to it. Irrespective in which part of the World. As I said this risk cannot be ignored with geopolitical & social and economic conditions prevailing in the Country and its neighbouring Countries.

I had the opportunity to Invest in Saadia, before it was launched. As it was bordering Alegria where a civil war has been going on for years since the election where declared null & void. I did not invest there due to a very volatile situation. I have no regrets.

M

manor park

Tim

I must say that if you have no interest or intention of investing in Morocco, why would you even bother to come on here and post. I only post on forums of areas that I am interested in investing, I certainly do not have time to advice people on areas of no interest to me?

Each to their own!

MP

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
It is quite clear what Tim is up to, apart from being political in his postings. I am certain that he is an agent for properties in Israel and paving his way in.

Further he does not like to be reminded of history and feels its peoples interpretations.

M

manor park

CWTH

LOL, That was what I was trying to allude to, but thanks for making it clear to anyone thinking I was being to subtle.

MP

T

Tim10

Lets make things clear....I have nothing to do with Israel. Second, I invest in several countries. The issue with the Arab world is the rise of extremism which has resulted in an unstable rule of government. For instance, in Egypt the radicals are waiting for Mubarak to die in order to overthrow the government. These radicals hate people from the West and would through all Westerners out and divest them of their property -- and they saw so openly. Despite the fact that Israel has been guilty of civil right offenses, it has a stable democracy.

Manor Park and Camel, I am saying it is not a question of politics, rather of political stability. That is why I would not invest in the West Bank -- the rule of law and government is not stable.

By the way, I know of the Israeli market, because my agent talked to me about it. It is also a market I am waiting to see what happebs before investing, but because of fiscal reasons not those reflecting the instability of governments.

If you want to invest in the Middle East, try Dubai -- it is stable. Or Turkey -- but not Egypt and Morroco with major threats against the ruling apparatus.

I hope this makes my point more clear.

M

manor park

Tim

Sorry mate, but no does not!

I am not trying to argue the rights and wrongs of middle east conflict with you. I have decided to invest in Morocco and elsewhere, that is up to me.

I looked at and visited Egypt but decided against, I do not feel the need to go onto the Eygpt or Turkey forums and tell them that I think their choice is bad.

That is why your posts look to have more of a motive, if you do not want to invest in Morocco fine, you can discuss how well you are doing with the posters on forums of areas you wish to invest in.

If you have no motive? then fine. Why waste your time?

MP

Last edited:
I

Investy

Tim,

Morocco was the first country to recognise the USA, has a long and stable history, and a tolerant fairly open minded populace. Of course there are extremists, but in the end such people offer nothing whereas the King is demonstrating his love for his people with his determination to put Morocco on the path to modernity.

Dubai - many posters who have lived there consider that a very extreme bigotted place to list. Not only that, the investment case does not stack - up in view of vast over supply.

Morocco is the best middle eastern destination to invest. Rocco Forte, Sandals resorts, Emmar and many other high profile investors are sinking billions into Morocco.

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Manor Park,
I call a spade a Spade. We are not in a social gathering where subtlety is required. This is investment/money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.