Morocco Gone Quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ferriej

Hi all, does anyone feel the same as me that, after the initial plugging of Morocco everything has gone really quiet. almost all last year there were developments being realesed weekly with talk of morocco being the next big thing.

i reserved at tanjah beach over a year ago and am very close to pulling out due to the way it is dragging on.

any views

M

manor park

firsttimer

I have also reserved at Tanjah and now it seems that it is about to get going. The letter put out by Dreamworld recently states that they starting work now and the BL is due 15th July. This should trigger the issueing of the contracts and a price rise.

These things do seem to move slowly, but having been in this long it seems a bad time to pull out, unless you have had a change of heart and dont fancy the project at all.

I

investor27

Most developments in Morocco seem to be experiencing delays, just look at PBGR, that only recently got its building licence, however the developer did give up a considerable amount of land as this project is now starting aprox 300m back from where it was originally going to be.

For those on Tanjah, await to see what happens on the 15th July, if no progress is made then possibly consider another development, as you are aware prices are increasing on other developments & those sitting awaiting BLs may loose out if the licence gets denied, lets hope this does not happen but it does need to be considered..

A

AustralianInvestor

Thats what I thought as well. Try calling a few agents up, and you will release that it may be quite on the forums regarding Morocco but it is actually a very active market.

Since last year, Morocco has increased 20% on average and will continue for many years to come.

I think everyone now knows that it is definitely one of the best markets to invest in with all its potential, so there is no more point talking it up to reassure themselves.

R

rossmark68

Hi
I am not an investor in Morroco but I read alot of info and forums on overseas property, I agree with the first poster that I think Morroco doesn't seem to be getting the same exposure as it was last year. I would do more research before you decide to pull out if I was you. You need to make sure you make the correct decision for yourself and your circumstances.
good luck

A

AustralianInvestor

Hi
I am not an investor in Morocco but I read alot of info and forums on overseas property, I agree with the first poster that I think Morroco doesn't seem to be getting the same exposure as it was last year. I would do more research before you decide to pull out if I was you. You need to make sure you make the correct decision for yourself and your circumstances.
good luck
Hi Rossmark68,

I see forums is just a place where the few investors all over the world share information. I think majority of investors don't even go on forums. The reason why I say this is because current developments in Morocco are nearly all sold, but majority of these investors are not mentioning their investments.

For example, Tanja is 70% sold and Al Houara's 1st phase is nearly all sold within 3 weeks(this is including all multi million euro palaces and euros). Now if all these investors posted their investments, then the forums would be bombarded with posts.

I think Morocco is an excellent place to invest in, and the earlier you get in the better.

I also think NE Brazil is another hotspot investors should look at as well. Prices are increasing so quickly.

Cheers
AI

R

rossmark68

Hi Australian Investor
Sorry but I would have to say that I disagree with you. While I am aware the major investors tend not to post on forums, a large number of people who are buying or already own tend to rely heavily on forums for information. I have invested in property overseas for a few years now and in my own experience Morocco is not getting the same exposure it did in 2005/2006.
Cheers

M

manor park

Ross

I think a smalll proportion of investors use the forums and the rest seem to be agents waiting to jump in, if you can spot the the two you will have no prolems.

MP

I

Investy

I told some freinds about Saidia in early 2006 and they invested as did some of thier freinds yet none post on any forums and to my knowledge none ever even look at forums.

Forums have a tendancy to attract more pessimistic people. The real doers and optimists make a decision and see it through, they have no desire to visit forums.

Even on a high profile forum such as CH4 you tend to see the same old posters over and over and when you consider the numbers buying abroad, the activity on such forums is not even 1% of that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.