Missing diver?

C

CMChris

I've heard that a diver has gone missing on the SS Rosalie Muller but I can't seem to find out anymore than just the fact he's missing. Anyone in Sharm know anymore?

M

MrSkipsey

2nd search was called off, Still no sign of Uk based diver.

Last edited by a moderator:
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I have heard that the air search has been called off but they are still searching on boats. Thoughts go out to his wife and family.

C

CMChris

Where did you hear this information from please?
I was told by a friend of mine and its on a travel forum, but not much info.

My sympathies to the family too :(

Last edited by a moderator:
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Georgina - I read about it on a holiday forum and it stated that he was in a party if 10 diving the wreck on 20th. One member stated ' We are desperate for news especially his wife and children '. The thread has now been closed off by the administrators on that forum as off topic.

Georgina

Georgina

I know they try to keep any diving incidents quiet here. I would really like to know exactly how many incidents there are. In the UK the British Sub Aqua Club produces a report every year as all club members have to fill out an incident report if anything happens whilst diving or out on the dive boats. There are a lot of lessons to be learned from the report.

All the dive boats I have been on in the Red Sea have been excellent regarding safety and dive briefings. And any incident has been handled correctly. However, we have very strong currents and people dive beyond their limits and take risks, etc. etc. and maybe if they were more aware of the number of accidents and the details of what went wrong they could learn and take more care.

Even just out on Tuesday with friends on a private motor yacht one lady got into difficulties in the strong current and could not get back to the boat. We soon had her rescued but if no-one was paying attention and she starts to panic it could have been a different story.

The wreck of the Rosalie Mueller is just north of El Gouna. It is not a wreck for inexperienced divers due to its depth. I know the guy in charge of the search and rescue for El Gouna and Hurghada because he is also my Tango dance teacher. And sadly there have been many cancelled lessons recently without happy endings. Quite correctly, he doesn't discuss any details with me. I am on a diving forum in the UK with 10,000+ subscribers. It would be good if they were more aware of the number of incidents. Compared to UK diving it is much easier diving in the Red Sea with the good visibility and warm temperatures but accidents still happen.

My thoughts go to all the families.