ad

misrepresentation

A

Anna Serwattka

Hello, I recently bought a two-bedroom house, which comes with one and a half acre of land in a small town (for over a million!!). The property is not listed on the building conservation area our agents told my husband that we could make as many adjustments and extensions as we wished as we had a planning permission. Therefore, we planned to double the size of the property taking advantage of the land coming with it, we thought: easy, wright?? However, they told us that: we could make changes just on the ground level (wtf?!?!),that we were ruining the "environnement" (O-o),neighbours complaint that they could not watch their stupid trees, I'm speechless, no, I'm furious! We were foolled and lied to by these people and I don't want them to get away with this. If I can't make it bigger I don't see the use of this small house with garden anymore!!! I want to ask if we can ask damages because they lied about the permission! Is there anything I can do about that?

D

diyhelp

Have you documentation confirming what you were advised?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
If you go to another legal party for clarity you will be lucky to get impartial advice. Either they they will look to defend their fellow legal eagles or simply create a case where there may not be one.

I would go back to the original advisor and lodge a formal complaint - they are legally obliged to investigate and respond. Then take it from there.

A

Anna Serwattka

Thank you very much for the response. Unfortunately I do not have written evidence, however we were told multiple time, from different agents and we also checked whether the building was listed in the conservation area. Moreover, after the first complaint the agent said that he told us to ensure we have the full planning permission which is not true. Is there anything we can do about that? Any way to prove that we have been misrepresented without any formal documentation?