mirador golf - compass properties

M

MYSL

Hi,

I am hoping this will help anyone trying to complete at Mirador Golf and I'd like to hear from anyone that either has completed or is hoping to.

I have just returned from Tetouan where I learned that Compass Properties have upset King Mohammed by behaving in a manner that is outside fo the law. He has, I'm told, put a stop to all of Compass' activities in the country, this includes Vista Living and Moroccan Living (sister compaines) abviously this makes completing on sales difficult, dispite the developer and the notaire trying to push buyers into doing just this.
Has anybody else got any news about Mirador or Compass? And can anybody recommend a notaire/solicitor that would be willing to act on my behalf (as apposed to the developer's or their own!)

P

Peter Bear

Mirador

Hi MYSL,

I suggest you go on eyeonworlwide, a lot of Mirador owners on this site, iv already put what you said about Compass on there.

Regards,

Pete.

M

MYSL

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply, I will checkout the website you mentioned

Michele

B

bess

There does not seem to be any truth to this rumour, where did you get it from? Playa Vista, a Compass development has been stopped. I am no lover of Compass but it still seems to survive.

B

bess

The owners at Mirador Golf are meeting up on 30th January in London at the Anchor, Bankside,34 Park Streetdon SEI 9EF. I t is on the south bank of the Thames, easily accessible. From 11am.

EVERYONE who owns a flat or an aparthotel flat at MG is welcome! We will swap news and advice, talk about the re election of the syndique this year, and think about what priorities there are for spending money etc.

The more people who can come the better, we would like everyone to be represented. It is very important to protect our investment by making sure it is well run and that our community fees are efficiently collected and used, and that we get accounts to show where the money is going. And it should be fun! Owners who cannot make it, but would like to know about it, get in touch with me for a report.

S

shah

Hi,

I am hoping this will help anyone trying to complete at Mirador Golf and I'd like to hear from anyone that either has completed or is hoping to.

I have just returned from Tetouan where I learned that Compass Properties have upset King Mohammed by behaving in a manner that is outside fo the law. He has, I'm told, put a stop to all of Compass' activities in the country, this includes Vista Living and Moroccan Living (sister compaines) abviously this makes completing on sales difficult, dispite the developer and the notaire trying to push buyers into doing just this.
Has anybody else got any news about Mirador or Compass? And can anybody recommend a notaire/solicitor that would be willing to act on my behalf (as apposed to the developer's or their own!)
hi,i am interested to know what is happening,becouse i paid deposite for a aparthotel in cabo dream next to you,but that was two years ago and the building work has not yet been started,i tried to contact compass but they said the developer is being delayed and they cant give me an answer unless they hear from the developer.I have tried the developer for an update but they never reply,its the same developer for your project and mine.I would be very interested to get in touch with all the people who bought through compass ,so at least i can share my frustration with others in the same boat,i also bought 2 properties from them in egypt,so far not too bad but the delay is still there,many thanks.

S

shah

The owners at Mirador Golf are meeting up on 30th January in London at the Anchor, Bankside,34 Park Streetdon SEI 9EF. I t is on the south bank of the Thames, easily accessible. From 11am.

EVERYONE who owns a flat or an aparthotel flat at MG is welcome! We will swap news and advice, talk about the re election of the syndique this year, and think about what priorities there are for spending money etc.

The more people who can come the better, we would like everyone to be represented. It is very important to protect our investment by making sure it is well run and that our community fees are efficiently collected and used, and that we get accounts to show where the money is going. And it should be fun! Owners who cannot make it, but would like to know about it, get in touch with me for a report.
hi,has anyone bought an apathotel from compass properties in cabo dream,next to mg.any news on the developement,

B

bess

Hi
There is to be an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Mirador Golf syndique committee on 3rd April. The first meeting did not have 50% of owners, so the law says that any decisions taken at this second meeting are legally valid, no matter how many or few owners are present. All owners should have been notified.
If you want to influence the way the complex is run, and by whom, you can either go there or vote by proxy- the meeting was called at the shortest legal notice, so it is unlikey many people who are not resident in Morocco will be able to attend.

F

frog

Mirador Golf

Hi Bess. I would be interested to see what happened at the meeting and to get information on what is happening.

B

bess

Hi, it is a long saga. If you are an owner, have a look on 'eye on worldwide' for updates by Martin and perhaps get in touch with him for more information. He is now on the syndique and is being kind enough to keep owners updated. Work is being sorted out, the tennis court is now built etc and MG is confirmed as a good investment, whch we are all glad about, considering the teething problems.

S

shah

mirador golf and cabo dream

Hi is there anyone who can share some news about mirador golf or cabo dream aparthotel.
i have paid deposit 3 years ago for a aparthotel in cabo dream,the developer have not even started the build yet,may be never will, so the agent compass suggested i swap for mirador golf aparthotel,but there are so many fees for swaping as it exceed the market selling price,but i am in a limbo,as i cant get my deposit back,to recover the deposite i have to buy and sell,thats ok for the agent but not for me as selling now is impossible and even if i do i will still loseout,
has anyone got any suggestion or put me in contact with someone who can give me an update about this area, as i have been there 3 years ago.

Last edited:
L

LOUKIC

Hi is there anyone who can share some news about mirador golf or cabo dream aparthotel.
i have paid deposit 3 years ago for a aparthotel in cabo dream,the developer have not even started the build yet,may be never will, so the agent compass suggested i swap for mirador golf aparthotel,but there are so many fees for swaping as it exceed the market selling price,but i am in a limbo,as i cant get my deposit back,to recover the deposite i have to buy and sell,thats ok for the agent but not for me as selling now is impossible and even if i do i will still loseout,
has anyone got any suggestion or put me in contact with someone who can give me an update about this area, as i have been there 3 years ago.
If they are in breach of contract with regard to your purchase in Cabo Negro, it is totally unfair that they offer you a different unit at the market price.

N

Nijo

Just returned from Mirador Golf after completing, bit disappointed to be honest. The restaurant hasn't opened and it was deadly quiet and really didn't see the point of signing a rental contract at the moment. Was told rental company are focusing on Moroccans to rent it out in the summer months but it would be quiet at Ramadam, have no problem with that although I did point out there were 12 months in the year and they should advertise better. Is it just me or can anyone else not get onto the eye on worldwide website?

B

bess

Eye on worldwide seems to have become part of facebook, I am not, so that seems to be it. As a flat owner it is certainly worth renting out, rents are very high in the summer months. Even though this year and the next two will be curtailed by Ramadam these weeks cover the costs of owning and furnishing. It is true, the Moroccans who are the ones who want to rent in these months.
Don't know how this applies to the aparthotel rooms, they are furnished anyway aren't they, so how can you lose? Or is it not allowed to rent them out except through the company?

N

Nijo

Hi Bess, yes they're fully furnished and we'll be going over again to spend a couple of weeks there in October and decide before we go if we want to rent, original reservation contract says it can only be rented out by Tamuda Bay and they have now dropped the nightly price because of competition in the area.

B

bess

In that case it is probably better just to enjoy having a place in a beautiful area that you can visit whenever you like! October it is a good time to be in Morocco, I was even swimming in the sea in October a couple of years ago and intend to be there again this year.
Bess

J

JaneUK

Dear form members! Could you please give me an exact link for Mirador apart hotel. I have tried eyeonworldwide and could not find anything on this particular property! Please help! Also- has anyone actually bought a unit in this apart hotel? if yes- are you happy with the purchase/rent arrangements, etc? Many thanks. Jane.