Mexico rental returns

T

tcoltart

I've been pondering whether or not to purchase a rental property in Mexico. I'm leaning to the pacific side most likely Cabo. I've noticed that there seem to be many rental properties there owned by foreigners and wonder if the market is saturated or if there is room for one more? more r

D

dandjproperty

Banned
In my opinion it will be beneficial for you to purchase a rental property in Mexico.

T

tcoltart

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm still digging into what the rental market is like. Looks like enough to pay for the place in a reasonable amount of time. Just a nerve racking experience for a first time revenue property purchase.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
I would hesitate to take any advice from someone who judging by other posts they have made knows absolutely nothing about the market in Mexico.
Make sure that you take advice only from people who acutally know what they are talking about and not simply posting nonsense.

T

tcoltart

Pippin said:
I would hesitate to take any advice from someone who judging by other posts they have made knows absolutely nothing about the market in Mexico.
Make sure that you take advice only from people who acutally know what they are talking about and not simply posting nonsense.
Very true. My decision to purchase was never going to be hinged on the say so from someone I've never met. I had hoped that I might find some advice on the matter I may not have considered.

Ryan M

Ryan M

I've been pondering whether or not to purchase a rental property in Mexico. I'm leaning to the pacific side most likely Cabo. I've noticed that there seem to be many rental properties there owned by foreigners and wonder if the market is saturated or if there is room for one more? more r
Keep us posted on how it goes, so that we can also be informed of the investment opportunities in Mexico.

All the best.

S

Spock

There is a lot of stuff for sale by Americans hit hard by the poor economy. Things are selling slowly in the area surrounding Puerto Vallarta and often at far less than ask. This has convinced many owners to rent their place to tourists if they can't sell for what they want, so that can spread the pot thinly. Don't be in too much of a hurry to buy. Listen to what everyone tells you, you will learn to ask more and more educated questions, there is usually a little bit of truth in every story you are told, then eventually you can piece together enough of the whole truth to feel better that you are doing the right thing for you.