Media Watch

P

propertastic

My gut instinct tells me that 2008 is the year when Egypt goes from being a property market for the courageous, clued up 'early adopter' and goes into the mainstream.

They key to this happening will be the mass media starting to report on it.

I know that there was an article in the Daily Mail a couple of month's back about that boxer, Steve Cazaghe (don't know if that's how you spell his name - not into boxing!) buying in Regency Towers.

We also know that there is a piece in the Daily Telegraph coming soon.

I thought that it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can all post any information on mass media reports on the market - either those that have appeared or that we know will appear.

Then we will all have a better idea as to when to expect the hordes to be on their way.

L

lyndsay552

I have justed returned from a property expo and the company had only just started the market Egypt. They are probably a bit behind everyone else but it shows that people are really starting to get interested in Egypt.

A

awahee123

Banned
I think media coverage is what is needed and if Egypt just gets it's share it will be well on its way to becoming a lot more popular then it is.
I think a lot of people are weary with it being so near a lot of trouble spots hopefully this will change in the future.

P

propertastic

I think media coverage is what is needed and if Egypt just gets it's share it will be well on its way to becoming a lot more popular then it is.
I think a lot of people are weary with it being so near a lot of trouble spots hopefully this will change in the future.
Yes, there is still this misconception even though there seems to be a lot more dangers in Turkey at the moment than in Egypt, yet that doesn't seem to have harmed the market there too much.

Of course, as soon as anyone goes to Egypt and sees how serious they are about secuity, those worries should pass.

The thing I'm most scared about there is crossing the roads - now that can be a truly terrifying experience!

P

propertyborders

Great minds think alike.

My gut instinct tells me that 2008 is the year when Egypt goes from being a property market for the courageous, clued up 'early adopter' and goes into the mainstream.

I know that there was an article in the Daily Mail a couple of month's back about that boxer, Steve Cazaghe (don't know if that's how you spell his name - not into boxing!) buying in Regency Towers.

I thought that it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can all post any information on mass media reports on the market - either those that have appeared or that we know will appear.

Then we will all have a better idea as to when to expect the hordes to be on their way.
You probably wont believe me when I say that I was thinking of starting a similar thread with the heading Egypt in the Worlds media.
I also think it will hit the headlines this year for the right reasons. Just shows great minds think alike.

Last edited:
A

awahee123

Banned
wow interesting reading ,confirms to us what we were thinking that Egypt is on the up, slowly but surely,hopefully all visitors will start treating it as a holiday destination rather then just visiting the pyramids for a few days.
It's certainly good news that's for sure.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi we went to The Place in the Sun exhibition at the NEC in Sept last year. There were a couple of exhibiters selling property in Egypt and they were drawing quite alot of attention.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Didn't see you Queenie! I was there throughout on the Resort Alliance Stand. We won best stand over 50 metres in the show! (Sahl hasheesh)

P

propertastic

Looks like my hunch was spot on.

My publisher just told me this morning that A Place In The Sun Magazine are running a feature on Hurghada in their April issue.

They've requested a copy of the book, so hopefully it will get a mention.

Things are sure going to get crazy in Hurghada by the middle of the year once Joe Public catches on, so there's no time to lose for getting in there now.

J

jeremy bright

i was looking in a mag last week on property it also had the article on Joe Calzaghe buying in Regency Towers it was on about sharm not being free hold and says that El-Goona property is also not i will find out the name of the mag next time i go to town also Egypt was on the news bbc today about Arabs mass crossing at the border what was closed to buy supplies

L

lovesquadsue

If anyone picks up any magazines or newspapers etc that have articles on Egypt or more specifically Hurghada please post so I can go out and pick up a copy!!! I missed the one in the paper about joe calzaghe buying on regency towers which is good publicity for Hurghada but im looking forward to the april edition of A Place in The Sun mag!! All looking very positive for Egypt I think at the moment!!

E

Escott

Banned

How do you think the militants who are part of a Terrorist organization blowing the wall between Gaza and Egypt will affect your "Mainstreaming"? You may be having terrorists walking around you right now. This has to do with "MEDIA WATCH" because I read this Yesterday in the News at three different places.

I wouldn't consider purchasing anything in the Mid East under any circumstances. That is the biggest gamble and I would rather go to a Race Track and let my girfriend pick the horse by the color of it's ASS:)

You folks have big balls in my opinion and Courageous is an understatement, but good luck and I wish you well in your investments!

(EDITED BECAUSE I WAS TOLD TO OR IT WOULD BE DELETED)

Last edited:
P

propertastic

"Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, in an interview to be published on Saturday, urged Hamas and Abbas's Fatah to end their differences and invited both sides to meet."

So basically you have a problem in a neighbouring country which is 500 miles away from the major resorts in the country and the President of Egypt is trying to stop Israelis and Palestinians from squabbling.

I take it that you haven't actually been to Sharm or Hurghada to check out either resorts for yourself?

queenie40something

queenie40something

The Giza strip is nowhere near Hurghada and Sharm and this will not affect tourists aor buyers.