Media Watch

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Nutty - dont know. I think the cases have been isolated to the villages.

N

nuttybird

Hmmm still find it quite worrying though.Think i"ll be giving KFC a miss!!

N

nuttybird

Thats an interesting site,thanks for that.
Think i"m still going to be cautious what i eat when i go over!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thats an interesting site,thanks for that.
Think i"m still going to be cautious what i eat when i go over!
Your welcome. I am always really cautious where chicken is concerned. Im bad enought in this country and wont really touch chicken on the bone.
On one of our trips to Sharm last Easter we were in an all inclusive hotel and they had a bbq round the pool for one eve dinner. The lighting was very poor. My daughter got a piece of chicken and I done my usual inspect the food thing ( bad habit of mine and drives hubby up the wall ). Took the chicken to bits went to find decent light and then saw that it wasnt cooked all the way through and was very red. Needless to say we didnt wat a single meal there after that. We were about the only ones who did not have to see the doctor!! One woman was ill for over a week and eventually had to have injections.
Amar Sina - avoid like the plague : (

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Strangely enough on my recent trip to Hurghada I ate nothing else but barbecue chicken, hot of the grill, for every meal! I would never eat it if it wasn't cooked but it certainly did the trick; no dodgy tummies for a fortnight!

L

Lsab

Just read the 'New Look' A PLace In The Sun mag - later than you get it in the UK of course. Personally, I thought the new look wasn't as good as the old one, plus there were far too many pages devoted to extremely expensive properties and more to the point, Egypt didn't get too much of a mention!!! Can't expect it two months in a row I suppose. Hopefully the April edition will be worth waiting for though it wasn't mentioned on the 'Next issue' page.

N

nuttybird

I agree,the "new look" place in the sun was not nearly as good as before.But didn"t i read somewhere on this site that they are going to be doing a big feature on Egypt soon? Can anyone help us out on this?
Thanks
Karen

L

Lsab

Yes, Nicks publisher said that they're featuring Hurghada in the April issue

N

nuttybird

That"ll be an interesting read.Lets hope its all good,and not just advertisments.
Thanks for that

L

Lsab

Pretty weird. I can't understand why nobody, including the boy, did anything about it. I have to say my 15 year old would protest loud and long to all and sundry if he wasn't being fed. Something odd about the whole story don't you think? I don't know much about the Copts so don't know what the dietry restrictions are or why this couple should impose them on their guest.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Pretty weird. I can't understand why nobody, including the boy, did anything about it. I have to say my 15 year old would protest loud and long to all and sundry if he wasn't being fed. Something odd about the whole story don't you think? I don't know much about the Copts so don't know what the dietry restrictions are or why this couple should impose them on their guest.
Hi I thought the same as you when I read it and also dont know anything about Copts.

I guess because he was in a strange country he just ' got on with it ' but I know my daughter would have certainly have been trying to call home ( in tears ).

He was painfully thin though.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Red

Where did you see this? For future reference it is always worth noting where it was published and the date.

W

willowtree1

I also see italy is up three places, i think much of that is down to the region of Calabria where there is still very good value for money to be had, if you know the right people and deal with local agents.