Mayenne - Northern France

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Captain Slow

Hi All,

Going to Northern France to look for a cottage style property, the location will be fairly close to the town of Mayenne. Just wondering if anybody else has purchased property in this area, and also if used used local tradesmen to source reclaimed materials (wood, stone etc).

Many thanks if you have any info.

Cheers,
J

V

vanityfair

Hi All,

Going to Northern France to look for a cottage style property, the location will be fairly close to the town of Mayenne. Just wondering if anybody else has purchased property in this area, and also if used used local tradesmen to source reclaimed materials (wood, stone etc).

Cheers,
J
captain slow what happened to captain fast.

I have owned a village cottage in madre, near javron north of mayenne by about 25 mins. great area, have had lots of holidays over the years. have just sold property and reinvesting money in Ras al khaimah, Dubai.
Not used local trades people as ive done most of the work i requried myself or with trades people brought over from the uk. there are obviously local trades, however ive always found them to be extremely busy and not able to do the work when ive required. be wary of so-called english tradespepole living in france some are not to a good standard. always get a recommendation.

regards.

C

Captain Slow

lol I found the brake pedal :)

Thanks for the reply Vanity, that is one of our concerns, just how reliable/willing tradesmen might be. I've limited experience in doing renovations, could cope with basic plumbing and doing the plastering. Will probably end-up asking around to find some of the more respected tradesmen in the area when we head over.

All the best with your investment in Dubai.

Thanks again.
J

P

patmarlow

Stone house in mayenne

Good luck

Pat Marlow

Cheers,
J[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.