May I build my small house on my small plot of pasture?

L

london8

May I build my small house on my small plot of pasture?

If not, is there any way to get the permission? And what is the chance to get it? And will I have to pay for the permission?

D

diyhelp

This should probably be your first port of call to see where you stand:-

L

london8

Thank you.
Unfortunately, it is very difficult for everyday people to read so many many "books"......".books", "books"...

I just would welcome a simple fitting answer if possible.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
You need to contact your local planning authority. If you build without planning consent you can be made to demolish the property if discovered. If the plot is classed as agricultural and is not in a permitted building zone it is very unlikely you will get permission to build.

L

london8

Veronica, is there on internet any list of plots which are classed as agricultural and are not in a permitted building zones? Many thanks

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Veronica, is there on internet any list of plots which are classed as agricultural and are not in a permitted building zones? Many thanks
I can't help with that I'm sorry. I can tell you though that any land which is within building zones is likely to be a lot more expensive than those that are not.

D

diyhelp

I presume if buying land which is agricultural, you are taking a chance that you might not get planning permission?