master access statement

Discussion in 'Development' started by kchiggs, Dec 8, 2017.

1. kchiggs

kchiggs Member

Any developers in need of a master access statement?

2. nmb

nmb Well-Known Member

Excuse my ignorance but what is a master access statement? Knowledge is everything in this industry :)

3. kchiggs

kchiggs Member

4. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Administrator

Do you have a link to any online documents?

5. kchiggs

kchiggs Member

6. diyhelp

diyhelp Active Member

Interesting to see actual examples of access documents - many of us might not appreciate the massive workload which goes into these documents.

7. kchiggs

kchiggs Member

I suspect this is why there are not many who freelance in it or why most development plans underestimate the cost. As well as a delay (if you can't start building prior to docs, you need to increase the workload by hiring more people(or have the writer work overtime, leading to more costs)

A large number of people not appreciating the workload is also a big problem in data visualisation and software programming. A lot of people think a product is 5 minutes rather than 18 months work. Then wonder why they can't get it built for a tenner.

8. nmb

nmb Well-Known Member

You get what you pay for - people who demand a rush job wonder why they incur problems further down the line. Its not rocket science - these elements form the foundations of your venture, if they are weak the venture will struggle.

9. kchiggs

kchiggs Member

Try explaining that to people who think they can get it done cheap by outsourcing to India. (Rush is not so bad,as long as your willing to pay the extra expense for it. This is why I gave up freelancing. Why work for pittance if people don;t want to pay you what you could earn in o/t? Then we get people whining there is not the labour there, yes there is but if other people will pay more than you, you won't get it.