Mandria

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RGPLC

Has anyone ever heard of the area ion cyprus as Mandria and does it seem like a good place to invest??

Pls advise anyone in the know.

Cheers

RG

L

Lysos

RG,

There is a village called Mandria very close to Paphos airport, so I suspect it will be rather noisy.

In general I would not advise investment in Cyprus at the moment. It is most definitely a buyer's market (one agency has over 23,000 properties on it's books).
Tourist figures are well down, particularly Brits, as a result of the pound dropping @ 20% v. the euro over the last year plus generally rising prices.

If you are interested in buying, for whatever reason, you MUST visit the island and do your own due diligence (see thread on this subject). Never believe the agents hype.

R

RGPLC

Thanks for the reply.

I like Cyprus for it's friendly people, amazing beaches and great climate but as you say it may not be the best time to invest at the minute.

Thanks again.

Nigel Howarth

Nigel Howarth

Hi RG,

The village of Mandria is about 2 km from Paphos International and military airports. A new terminal building is currently under construction to cope with current demands and the expected increase in air travellers.

You can read more about Mandria at Mandria Pafou village in cyprus

Cheers,

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Mandria is a very attractive village which is undergoing upgrading with new restaurants and the village square is being smartened up.
Although close to the airport it is only noisy if you are right near the beach as flights come in over the coast.
Most homes in Mandria are at least a few hundred metres inland and not really bothered by the flight path.
The thing to be very aware of is that much of the land in mandria is Turkish Cypriot owned and cannot be built on but the local farmers can use it for growing crops. This means that there is a lot of land which is not build up making it a less crowded area than some.

P

pinky

Hi RG

I live about 40 minutes away from Mandria. I also have friends who live in the village. It is considered the less pretty part of Paphos, although there is a lot of development in the area. I think its because the land is cheaper & its not convenient to amenities. It is very close to the airport & that is getting busier. There are a glut of properties in Paphos, as there is no resale market. Off plan tend to be worth less than the purchase price. There are loads of bargains on the secondary market but be prepared to hold on to it for a while. I would choose one, ( if at all) on the other side of Paphos where it is busier, prettier & your chances of selling it in the future are much better.

D

davisadvent

mandria is a nice quiet village, with a new resturant just opened & another opening soon
the locals are very friendly.
where abouts were you thinking of investing?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Hi RG

I live about 40 minutes away from Mandria. I also have friends who live in the village. It is considered the less pretty part of Paphos, although there is a lot of development in the area. I think its because the land is cheaper & its not convenient to amenities. It is very close to the airport & that is getting busier. There are a glut of properties in Paphos, as there is no resale market. Off plan tend to be worth less than the purchase price. There are loads of bargains on the secondary market but be prepared to hold on to it for a while. I would choose one, ( if at all) on the other side of Paphos where it is busier, prettier & your chances of selling it in the future are much better.

If by the other side of paphos you mean Peyia etc I strongly disagree with you.
It is overdeveloped and many people who bought there a few years ago are now deperate to get out.
There are so many resales in that area with very little movement.
As for distance it takes longer to get to the centre of Paphos from Peyia than from Mandria.

D

davisadvent

just a question, but am i allowed to put my rental apartment on here

Status
Not open for further replies.