ad

Managing a USA Investment from Australia

B

Bec

Hi all,

Im a dual U.S. and Australian citizen living permanently in Australia. I am part of a trust who will now manage three properties in the U.S. Does anyone have any similar experience? Managing these properties from Australia is a bit daunting and, considering I'm a partial owner of these properties within the trust, I'm even more intimidated.

I'm looking for resources to help me navigate through what happens next (property manager, managing rental income/expenses from Australia, do I transfer funds over to Australia, tax implications, etc?). Considering it's early days, any advice, guidance or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bec,

welcome to the forum. I can recommend Europa Estates as great people to talk to on this topic. They manage buying overseas property in the USA, Spain and South Africa. I'm not sure whether they offer a management service themselves, but I'm sure they'd be able to point you in the right direction! Try contacting them and say they have been recommended by Property Forum. Hope they are a helpful contact for you :)

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi @Bec

Also it's a case of research and making sure the partners you employ out there are trustworthy and if possible come from personal recommendations. Failing that ask for references from existing clients and check their websites, filed accounts, Google etc and check they don't get too much bad press!

I'm sure you'll be ok but proper planning and partners will be key here to managing a longer distance investment...

Keep us posted with your journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Property Forum