Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Malaysia Banyan Curve Video 8% 13 years

Discussion in 'Other Regions in Asia' started by DC, Jun 7, 2007.

1. DC

DC New Member

2. tony_prior

tony_prior New Member

Great Opportunity

I am Thinking of investing in one of these beautiful chalets but I would just like some feed back on any negative or positives sides to investing on them.

thanks much appreciated.

3. DC

DC New Member

Banyan curve

Tony I can give you a picture of these as we sell these.

Good things. Rental income, Solid developer and good property management company, stable exchange rate.

Bad things. Many are on the sea, what happens with a tsunami (you are insured against this), is a long way away to keep an eye on it.

My personal experience as I have been dealing with the developer alot, they are very personal with attention, they send to us magazines, brochures, videos etc, so marketing is first class. On product side each has a pool and they are well priced.

Other interesting points, the royal highness of malaysis visited so that was good. The way to buy these is through a mortgage to offset income against mortgage interest as there is income tax in malaysia. We like these especially as you can stay there 10 days a year. Worth a visit if you want more details, email me darren@goldbergglobal.com

Other notables, as time goes forward, money loses its value. ie. 8% of purchase price in year 5 or 6 is not as worth as much as the value of money has declined, so there fore, a good strategy is to hold for a few years, and then resell in our opinion.

Email me lets talk.

4. DC

DC New Member

All went quiet Tony!

Any update!

5. Serene

Serene New Member

Having been out there and actually seen the development I certainly DONT!!! recommend it.

6. ariecol

ariecol New Member

glad u visited the place serene before u plunge in. :eek:

7. Serene

Serene New Member

Glad that I can offer a genuine opinion having been there twice. I really did try to see the attraction in the flesh as well as on paper, hence the reason I went there twice. I just came to the conclusion that there was better investment opportunities within the area. I did some research and found out that the Port Dickson area applied for a rejuvenation grant but it was turned down by the local Government and unfortunately it still looks as though its stuck in the 1970s.

I think that Malaysia is certainly one place to look at for investment but not this particular area, it just seems to have been forgotten about, although maybe some people may see that as an investment opportunity as it can only get better! :rolleyes:

8. ariecol

ariecol New Member

i always have reservation in commenting projects. as I do not believe there is such thing as "perfect" development. therefore, always advise everyone to visit such place before parting with your hard earned cash.

even in penang, the beach is over-rated. a good place to live though :)

penang + melaka will be listed as heritage by unesco i heard.

Penang, some of the beach development are pretty good, BUT beware again developer.

Johor IDR, the project is approved by govt, but exact plan is not even finalized by joint developers!!

sabah looks very green + nice beach, but, i am afraid it is still too quiet for my liking and land is plenty therefore, capital appreciation can be wishful thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.