Making a will

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

orlando

Hi to all!
I find it very helpful and I joined in to seek help from you. We just bought a house in Varna and plan to move there next year. We were advised to make a will and avoid major trouble if something happens to one of us. We contacted one lawyer who would charge us 500 euros. I find this quite a big sum of money for few minutes of work!
Does anyone have experience in making a will in Bulgaria? How much did you pay? Can you recommend a reliable lawyer in Varna area? Does the will need to be stamped by the notary? Is it possible to write a will by ourselves and just stamp it by the notary?
I know, a lot of questions! I would really appreciate if you can help me with that.
Regards,

A

adan

Hey Orlando,
500 euros is a 'Brit rip off' price. Please 'name and shame' the lawyer to make all aware. I would suggest that 100lv/50 euros is ample.
Thank you

D

deedee1

Bulgarian Wills!!

:) Hi all,

Just found out from my bulgarian solicitor that they want to charge me 950 euros... to draw up a will for me!!! :(

This is REALLY EXPENSIVE!! Its almost the same cost I paid for them to do my whole property transactions over there!! :eek:

Anyone got advice on how much wills should cost etc..??

I know that you cant include foreign property on your will in the UK as I already asked my solicitor here- otherwise I would!!

Even solicitors in the UK only charge about £200-300 for a will- and the UKs suppose to be expensive!!

See ya D :)

D

dora_sctt

Hi all, the law firm that I am using in Bulgaria charged me 500 euros for this service and I found this normal. If someone is interested you could write to [email protected] or visit their website: dklawyers.eu

D

deedee1

Re: Wills!

:) Hi dora,

Thankyou for the response you sent- will look into it!

Also if you dont mind me asking what is the process when they set up a will for you in Bulgaria??

See ya D :)

P

prigipeska

I charge £95 for a Bulgarian Will.

GS Georgieva & Partners

Tel: 0845 009 8767
UK Mob*: +44(0)7924 004371
BG Mob: +359(0)886 462040
Fax: +44(0)7092 885817
gsgeorgieva.co.uk

S

san ham

bulgarian will

Hi to all!
I find it very helpful and I joined in to seek help from you. We just bought a house in Varna and plan to move there next year. We were advised to make a will and avoid major trouble if something happens to one of us. We contacted one lawyer who would charge us 500 euros. I find this quite a big sum of money for few minutes of work!
Does anyone have experience in making a will in Bulgaria? How much did you pay? Can you recommend a reliable lawyer in Varna area? Does the will need to be stamped by the notary? Is it possible to write a will by ourselves and just stamp it by the notary?
I know, a lot of questions! I would really appreciate if you can help me with that.
Regards,
Hi Iv'e just registered for this site and found your quote, I realise it is quite some time since you posted it but I would appreciate any info on making a will especially if we can do it ourselves through the notary office.

I would really appreciate your help on this one

J

Jain and Chris

This is a very good question, one that we get asked about very often and have written about on numerous occasions.

Anyone can make a handwritten will in Bulgaria, which will be recognised. If you want it typed, then you need to have it notarised.

The most important thing anyone who owns Bulgarian property to know is that there are "forced heirship" rules in Bulgaria - and if your will acts in contravention to these laws, then the will can be disputed. It's not like in Britain where you can leave your property to anyone (or even dogs and cats) as you wish.

It is imperative that you take sound independent professional legal help. A few hundred pounds now, can save much more later, let alone having to worry about whether the will is legal at such a dreadful time.

Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.