maintenance fees in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHO

SHO

Dave as Nazab says... in Sahl Hasheesh the utilities are controlled by ERC, and is more expensive than Hurghada.

.quote -
"Costs in Sahl Hasheesh are higher from Hurghada as these public utilities are provided by ERC. "

why should costs be higher than hurghada - how much higher - average £960 pa seems very high compared to hurghada.

D

danny

Dave as Nazab says... in Sahl Hasheesh the utilities are controlled by ERC, and is more expensive than Hurghada.
So what you are saying is that the maintenance fees cannot be controlled as there is an outside influence, ERC, who can increase it's charges for provision of utilities whenever it pleases.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

So what you are saying is that the maintenance fees cannot be controlled as there is an outside influence, ERC, who can increase it's charges for provision of utilities whenever it pleases.
danny as far as i am aware there is a clause in the contract stating the charges cannot be increased more than 10% per annum.

D

danny

If that is the case then they are no different to any other resort and shouldn't unduly alarm owners at other resorts with the statements they make

"We want to be honest with our buyers from the beginning and to keep maintaining the compound like a fully operating hotel all year round and not to cut down on services later on....................Other projects asking for less , don’t really know what they are talking about or they will not actually maintain the resort later on, or will ask buyers for more money every year"

S

SuziQ2708

Oasis Marina in Al Ahyaa are charging £800 GBP per year fixed for 3 years (in contract) and will not rise above 10% in the following year (also in contract). This does seem rather high considering the low wages/cost of living. Having said this, why should Egypt be the exception, think about it, maintenance charges in the UK are mostly extortionate :rolleyes:

Georgina

Georgina

Oasis Marina in Al Ahyaa are charging £800 GBP per year fixed for 3 years (in contract) and will not rise above 10% in the following year (also in contract). This does seem rather high considering the low wages/cost of living. Having said this, why should Egypt be the exception, think about it, maintenance charges in the UK are mostly extortionate :rolleyes:
I call out an Orascom plumber, electrician or carpenter in El Gouna and they usually come round within one hour and if it is one small job it costs LE10. Two guys were here the other day putting up a new wall light fitting. It was more tricky because of the wiring going to a light further along the wall so it took a good hour and cost LE20.

To have a room painted costs LE100 including paint and labour and usually takes one day.

I know the villa owners have high costs because of irrigating their gardens and maintaining their swimming pools. I would definately like to see breakdowns of these high charges!! I have mentioned before my bills in total for my one bed apartment cost around LE3500 per year for everything including electricity although I rarely need the air conditioning on because I have windows on three sides and always have a cool breeze blowing through.

N

nutkenz

What would a reasonable maintenance fee be for a 130 sqm (gross) 2-bed apartment in the north of Hurghada with:

A) Electrical, water and sewage procurement.
B) Public electric current (lighting) and water consumption.
C) Waste disposal, garbage collection and pest control.
D) Internet and satellite system procurement and maintenance.
F) Public areas, ways and facilities procurement and maintenance.
G) Public security.
H) Free private beach

Status
Not open for further replies.