Magaprojects in the NE collapsing

L

lutjebroek

On page 1 of this discussion i wrote
"All in all, certainly with the melagomanic projects under discussion, the market expectations were way too high. We must point out that the tourism figures from Europe are declining over the past 5 years or so. That is because (mainly) Brazil has become expensive, flights are becoming more expensive, and 7 - 10 hours (or more if connections fail, they do regulary) travel time is long."

And that is still true, even more so because the prices of properties went through the sky at certain places. And the cost of living are rising with the inflation of almost double figures yearly.

Just an example: the required income from pension for retired people to get a visa is upped to 6000 reais, and righly so because that will be what you need for a decent life here. The health security plan alone could well be 1000 pp per month.

M

Mineiro

I have the impression that Rob is a bit confused about identities of posters.

Unless your name is Maarten too, that is. That would be a coincidence.

Rob also seems to be confused about the subject of this treat. It is not about having a free lunch (TINSTAAFL) but about the many failed project around Natal, where he used to have a sales office.
I wonder where Rob has gone? He seems to have bailed ship!