MADINAT AL ARAB (Dubai Waterfront)

• Thread starter imported_kristopher
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_kristopher

Emirates gained exclusive access yesterday to the site, which will house more than one million people.

The city will feature 10 districts, and phase one will see construction of the districts along the waterfront – including a marina and one of the world’s tallest buildings.

As well as this, 90 per cent of the reclamation of land for Palm Jebel Ali – which is part of Dubai Waterfront projects – has now been completed and infrastructure and utilities will be put in place in midto late 2007.

Matt Joyce, the managing director of Dubai Waterfront, said the 15-year project was moving forward at a rapid pace. He said: “There is not much to see at the moment, but the proof of the development’s riches will be in the pudding.

“A detailed master plan for the city has now been completed and approved by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.” At the moment 2,300 hectares of land is being developed along the waterfront and will include the city’s Central Business District (CBD).

The Nakheel project has four world-renowned urban planners working on making it a city which will be pleasant to live in and easy to travel around.

Teo Ah Khing, from TAK Group, is an urban planner who has worked in New York, Sydney and Singapore among other cities, and said Madinat Al Arab will be the best designed city in the world.

“The Madinat Al Arab will have a core CBD carefully planned with an inner harbour and will be on a par with the world’s best waterfront cities such as Vancouver, Sydney and Hong Kong,” he said.

“We have used statistics, benchmarking and best practices against other cities and looked at open spaces and transportation to make this as appealing to people as possible.” The Madinat Al Arab will boast 50 kilometres of canals connecting the districts as well as a rail system integrated into the Dubai Light Railway System.

I

imported_ramon

Al Burj Real Estate Limited, one of the leading private stock companies in the region, has announced that it has achieved sales of over Dh3.5 billion in the Phase I of iconic Madinat Al Arab, the planned urban downtown of Dubai Waterfront.
The company achieved the unprecedented sales in less than a year of its operation, reflecting its extensive industry knowledge and expertise of its stakeholders coupled with the burgeoning demand for real estate developments in the UAE. Al Burj Real Estate, which is initiated by Dubai Islamic Bank with leading businessmen and corporate groups in the UAE and the region, was launched in 2005 with a committed capital of Dh7 billion, making it one of the largest capitalized shareholding firms in the UAE.

Al Burj Real Estate officials stated that the Madinat Al Arab project continues to generate tremendous demand from investors and developers alike in view of its iconic nature. The core objective behind the Dubai Waterfront development is to create a world-class destination for residents, visitors and businesses in the world's fastest growing city, creating a quality of sophisticated lifestyle unmatched in the world.

In his comments on the tremendous sales achievement, Saad Abdul Razak, Head of Executive Committee & Board Member of Al Burj: 'It is a matter of immense privilege to announce the significant sales achieved by Al Burj Real Estate during its first year of operations. We were always confident of the inherent demand for Madinat Al Arab development, but achieving sales of Dh3.5 billion within such a short span of time also reflects our core competency and industry expertise of our stakeholders and highly-qualified professionals.'

Saad Abdul Razak added: 'Al Burj Real Estate's investment in Madinat Al Arab will continue in its Phase II in the near future and is also eyeing other developments in Dubai Waterfront as part of our venture into various residential, commercial and office developments in the UAE. We will also continue to concentrate on strategic investment opportunities in projects by leading developers in the UAE & GCC markets within our broad strategy to provide unique real estate investment opportunities customized to suit individual investors' needs.'

The company, plans to own and manage a portfolio of real estate that includes residential and commercial properties. The company has involved the expertise and extensive industry experience of highly-qualified professionals and experts who play pivotal roles in driving Al Burj Real Estate's initiatives and objectives.

The Madinat Al Arab and the Dubai Waterfront development is set to become a benchmark for integrated development and offers access to the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Aviation City, Jebel Ali Airport, and close proximity to both Dubai and the capital Abu Dhabi and has also taken into account the planned metro link-up, thus becoming one of Dubai's unique master-planned communities.

I

imported_ismael

Wow, so its already under construction. Will the towers be constructed by one company like emaar or will they allocate plots of land to sell to people to build their own towers?

I

imported_cayden

I think it looks great standing tall on its own little island. It could be the worlds next tallest. Standing right next to the road with all the others is so ... normal I think. however it will always attract peoples attention ... because of the height

M

Mamnicemignee

Abama is good!!!

Hello! It's spamer's programm. Please delete this topic to let me know, what

this forum/guestbook is moderated!!!

test01

Status
Not open for further replies.