Maceio

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitico67

Hi All,
Has Anybody Done Any Research On The State Of Alagoa And Maceio In Particular. A Friend Of Mine Who Lives In Parana Went There On Holiday And He Says That It's Quite Popular With Brazilians And Saw A Lot Of Foreigner Tourists As Well. I Know That There Is An International Airport But Not Many Flights Are Arriving At The Moment. Any Help Aprreciated:)

Z

Zé Gonçalves

Maceió: the paradise is here

Hi All,
Has Anybody Done Any Research On The State Of Alagoa And Maceio In Particular. A Friend Of Mine Who Lives In Parana Went There On Holiday And He Says That It's Quite Popular With Brazilians And Saw A Lot Of Foreigner Tourists As Well. I Know That There Is An International Airport But Not Many Flights Are Arriving At The Moment. Any Help Aprreciated:)
Dear collegue,

Really Maceió has a new and big International airport, but not yet it has a lot of offer of International flyght, the most of them are charters. The government and tourism organization are working hardly to resolve this.
Maceió is a small and beautiful city, capital of Alagoas states.

B

BussinessProspector

Aracaju - Sergipe

Hi there,

I'm new at this forum... i'm thinking in investing in Aracaju - Sergipe...

I have been there....

Locals have a very good life style... The tourism is waking up now...

What do you think?

Bye,

George

C

Celt

I spent a week in Maceio during the carnval and very impressed with the superb city beaches and tastefully designed beachfront apartment buildings. The beaches in Maceio are surrounded by palm trees which give it a very tropical feel. From talking to locals it seems most of the foreign investors are Italians. There are also quite a few Argentinian tourists in town, Chileans and a lot of domestic tourists from Sao Paolo/Rio. It is certainly a place I would like to go back to and could be a good location to invest in. Anyone else been there?

R

RalphJ

I spent a week in Maceio during the carnval and very impressed with the superb city beaches and tastefully designed beachfront apartment buildings. The beaches in Maceio are surrounded by palm trees which give it a very tropical feel. From talking to locals it seems most of the foreign investors are Italians. There are also quite a few Argentinian tourists in town, Chileans and a lot of domestic tourists from Sao Paolo/Rio. It is certainly a place I would like to go back to and could be a good location to invest in. Anyone else been there?

I travel to Maceio often as it's only 300 km's north of Aracaju, where I live. Maceio has some of the most beautiful beaches in the entire country. Numerous Italians have invested there. Alagoas however is one of, if not the poorest state in Brazil. Once you get a block or two away from the beach the poverty is impossible to ignore and Alagoas is also a very violent state....even for Brazil. Tourists must be very careful anywhere, especially in Brazil, and especially in the states of Alagoas and Pernambuco in the northeast.

C

Celt

I travel to Maceio often as it's only 300 km's north of Aracaju, where I live. Maceio has some of the most beautiful beaches in the entire country. Numerous Italians have invested there. Alagoas however is one of, if not the poorest state in Brazil. Once you get a block or two away from the beach the poverty is impossible to ignore and Alagoas is also a very violent state....even for Brazil. Tourists must be very careful anywhere, especially in Brazil, and especially in the states of Alagoas and Pernambuco in the northeast.
Hi

Yea, taxis are a good idea at night. How do you think the property market will develop there in the coming years and are resale properties a good investment there?

R

RalphJ

depends on the location celt, imo. If you're close to the beach then yes, imo, it will be a good investment in the coming years. Naturally, most importantly, is you purchase for actual market prices, or brazilian prices, and not get the "gringo gouge" as I call it. To obtain this you need a trustworthy brazilian on your side to negotiate, and you only appear when the deal is done to give them the check.:)

Then you'll see the owners jaw drop to the floor and see the expression on his face thinking, "damn, I could've sold this for double what I did!";)

Hi

Yea, taxis are a good idea at night. How do you think the property market will develop there in the coming years and are resale properties a good investment there?

C

Celt

depends on the location celt, imo. If you're close to the beach then yes, imo, it will be a good investment in the coming years. Naturally, most importantly, is you purchase for actual market prices, or brazilian prices, and not get the "gringo gouge" as I call it. To obtain this you need a trustworthy brazilian on your side to negotiate, and you only appear when the deal is done to give them the check.:)

Then you'll see the owners jaw drop to the floor and see the expression on his face thinking, "damn, I could've sold this for double what I did!";)

Thanks Ralph! :) I will bear this in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.