Low budget, ideas on where to buy?

I

inmortus

Hello,

I have limited savings, but I cannot stop dreaming of buying a small studio or one bedroom apartment in a small beach town in Spain where I can escape from the cold winters here in Sweden.

I know I could save for maybe 10 years to buy my ideal place, but I would prefer to think of first buying an initial simple place that works, and then selling it in a few years to buy something better.

Right now I would have something between 30,000 and 50,000 EURO.

• Can I actually find something (not horrible) in that price range in a small coastal town in Spain?
  • If so, which towns would be recommended? Ideally it does not have to be a big town, but hopefully a place that does have its share of restaurants, bars, etc, enough for there to be something to do (and of course an Ok beach)

I appreciate any opinions!

D

dmitriy1880

the site I found

hi

cheap is usually Torrevieja, Alicante, Marbella.
take a look at these places.

I found this site to be very useful - homsters com
Tt's a lot of cheap real estate, and it reminds me of airbnb :)

I was looking for a flat in Barcelona, and found a nice place for around 60K USD. now I'm talking to broker aobut this and hopefully we'll get there

Dmitriy

I

inmortus

Thanks for the info.

Interesting website for looking at places.

How safe is it? I tried finding information about it (reviews, anything to show how legitimate and trustworthy it is) and could not really find much...

D

dmitriy1880

look I don't mean to promote any site, so I wouldn't know about the security really.
I understand it's a platform connecting you with a broker. all I say is it helped me :)

can you recommend any site or agency, btw? I might look at other options as well :)

N

nmb

There are ways and means of gearing up your available funds via additional finance but this will depend upon the degree of risk you wish to take. You need to ensure that you have more than enough income to cover any additional finance repayments and also continue to live your chosen lifestyle.

On the flipside, there is nothing wrong in starting relatively small and building up over the years because not only will this reduce your risk in the early days but you are literally starting from the bottom and learning about the world of property investment bit by bit.